cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock the value of Key Figures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

After running the report, I to lock the value of key figures, meaning it should change with the query navigation. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yashu,

Try Constant Selection if you are using BI7.

Use

In the Query Designer, you use selections to determine the data you want to display at the report runtime. You can alter the selections at runtime using navigation and filters. This allows you to further restrict the selections.

The Constant Selection function allows you to mark a selection in the Query Designer as constant. This means that navigation and filtering have no effect on the selection at runtime. This allows you to easily select reference sizes that do not change at runtime.

More info : [Constant Selection|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e7/5f983c1a356858e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Hope it Helps

Srini

[Dont forget to close the call by assigning poings.... - Food for Points: Make a Difference through Community Contribution!|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/007928c5-c4ef-2a10-d9a3-8109ae621a82]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

Thanks for the input, but I tried that and it does not work for some reason. I went through the document in help.sap and implemented the same steps...

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

I see that option is not available for formulae.

Regards,

Rathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that option is available only in restricted key figure and for partical characteristic restriction values only. I cannot choose these restrictions....

Thanks

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

A small typo in ur question -since i understand your requirement from the other thread -.I guess u mean the key figure shoudn't change during navigation right?

Hope u get a solution to that.

Regards,

Rathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes! Thanks for the correction.

The key figure value should NOT Change.