Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error..

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Scenario is to create a material using BAPI: BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA, For this i am using File to RFC, while loading the data with Unit of Measure components such as Unit_of_weight, Net Weight, Gross Weight, Volume the values are not populating i have given the necessary information to the BAPI and tested in SAP R/3 system, the material is getting created but with the same data when i push it from SAP XI i am getting the below error..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns1:MT_Material_Creation_Res xmlns:ns1="http://Material_Creation">

- <Material_Res>

<Material_Num />

<Resp_Message>Enter the unit of weight for the net weight</Resp_Message>

<Type>E</Type>

<Error_Code>010</Error_Code>

<ID>MK</ID>

</Material_Res>

</ns1:MT_Material_Creation_Res>

i have tested in the R/3 system the material is getting created but through XI

regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

take a look at the payload passed to R/3,check each field

or just put a break point at the start of BAPI and check the inbound structure you receive from XI,then you have exact idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Iam also getting same error.

Iam trying to create a sale order. In R/3 when I run the BAPI with some data it is working fine. When i pass the same data from XI, BAPI is executed with errors.

If you find the solution for this, Please let me know also.

My mapping is perfect. Proper data is passed out from IE and the AE engine as well. After this Iam getting this error.

Thank You

Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika

When it passed IE and AE then its a bad data issue. Check with the functional person.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

When I execute BAPI with the same data in R/3 it is executing

properly. But when I call the BAPi from Xi and pass the same value Iam getting the error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope

u guys have imported the same rfc and used it in u r mapping too , if not plz do it.Better re-import once again.

put external break point to u r RFC and check what values are passed after mapping.

If desired values are passed it should work for sure

regads

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had faced similar problem while creating a sales order. It is case sensitive. Pass on your data in uppercase(all the field values...) And also check if you have any spaces in the message the you get in PI box. Best pratice is to use Trim and ToUppercase functions in mapping.

Cheers,

Deepak

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI..

I have tested with all options and checked the mapping getting the same error ..

could any one throw some light on this issue..

regards

Kishore

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Any replies will be appreciated, still the error is not resolved tried with many options..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have u put the external break pt and checked the input parameters

hope u have problem in the response mapping kindly check

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in mapping test the data from source and target. Check what exactly is passing to R/3

Check the data passed to R3 in RWB and find out is it correct or not.

This will help to identify the exact problem location

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check the mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore !

Please verify what is the exact content that PI is trying to send to SAP ERP. That is, open then sxmb_moni transaction and export the payload of the inbound message to explore via text editor if it contains the exactly same characters that you are completing during your tests in R/3. Maybe you are not completing the fields correctly. Maybe some are empty, or with the wrong format or characters as expected by SAP R/3.

Regards,

Matias.