Sales document and Billing.
I would really appreciate if worthy member of the Forum can explain to me the full procedure for configuring Sales Doc type CR, for credit memo request and Credit memo note G2 for billing purpose.?For example In completion Log, Copy control, List of invoices etc.
Edited by: VIKRAM MEHTA on Oct 17, 2008 1:46 PM
Edited by: VIKRAM MEHTA on Oct 18, 2008 11:33 AM
Step 1: Sales Document Type
IMG > Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Documents >
Sales Document Header:
1. Sales Document Type:The sales document types represent the different business transactions, such as Inquiry, Quotation, Sales Order, etc. To create new sales order type, always copy as with reference to similar sales order. If possible use standard sales order.
2. Define Number Ranges For Sales Documents: Maintain number range with discussion with core team.
3. Assign Sales Area To Sales Document Types:
A. Combine sales organizations / Combine distribution channels / Combine divisions: Ensure to maintain these, else Sales Order creation will give error.
B. Assign sales order types permitted for sales areas: Assign only required Sales Order Types to required Sales Area. This will minimize selection of Sales Order Type as per sales area.
Sales Document Item:
1. Define Item Categories: If possible use Standard Item Category. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.
2. Assign Item Categories: If possible, use standard. Formula for deriving item category: Sales Document Type + Item Category Group + Usage + Higher Level Item Category = Item Category
IMG > Sales and Distribution > Billing >
1. Define Billing Types: If possible use Standard Billing Type. Incase if required to create new, copy as from standard & maintain New.
2. Define Number Range For Billing Documents: Ensure to maintain number range.
3. Maintain Copying Control For Billing Documents: Maintain relevant copy controls such as Sales Order to Billing, Deliver to Billing, etc.
Note: Ensure that Copy Control settings are done
Sales Order to Billing (For Eg: CR --> G2): VTFA