cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAS changes not reflecting in Baseline version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had to do some changes to Mobile Sales application and for that in MAS I created a new project oppt (Project type: SAP Mobile Solutions and Template: Laptop Solution). I did all the changes in this new solution and they are working fine.

I released the change list and still these changes are not updated in the baseline version.

I see that the appropriate files {sfabol.dll (Business logic project: sfabol), opp.dll (UI Project: opp)} are updated in the oppt folder (C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\oppt) but after I released the change list the files in C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\MSA are not getting updated. Please correct me if I understood the release concept wrongly.

I need to transport the changes done in oppt project to other mobile clients, please let me know how to do this.

Your replies are highly appreciated.

Thanks for all the help.

Thanks,

Chan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chan

Since becuase you have changed the Target Folder Path from Generation settings, all your changes are refelcted in the new location. You can find more info about the Generation @

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/74/7c023cfa699508e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Step 1 : Please change the target folder path to standard MSA path and Save the Generation Settings. Go to Build Menu, and click on Update project Files

Step 2 : If the changelist is still open, Do Generate Changes alone. else do a complete Generation.

Step 3: Build the Entire solution and verify that MSA.dll and SFABOL.dll have got built successfully.

Step 4 : Got to Mobile\Bin.Net folder and open the SAP Upgrade Console ( "UpgradeConsole.exe" ).

Step 2 : Click on "New" in the toolbar. This will load the wizard, which shows a set of upgrade units.

Step 3 : Select ( check ) the Upgrade Unit "Deploy UI Changes" and 'Deploy BOL Changes". Then press the 'Next' button in the wizard.

Step 4 : In the next screen, select ( check ) the application and the languages. Then click on the 'Finish' button. The Upgrade Editor will be loaded with an upgrade containing the selections made by you.

Step 5 : Enter a new name for this upgrade ( in the bar on the left hand side ) , and then press the "Create Package" button on the toolbar. This will popup a dialog box telling you that the upgrade package has been created in a specific location.

Step 6 : On this dialog box, click on the "Show Folder" button. This will open a Windows Explorer window at the folder containing the package ( .mup file ) created for your upgrade.

Step 7: Now Copy the MUP to mobile Client machine

Step 9: Now Double click on MUP file.

Best Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar and Abhishek,

After creating a new project, I ensured that the generator settings for UI project are mentioned as follows:

Target Folder: C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net

Template Folder: C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\Framework\Templates

But since I am making the changes in a new project oppt, in common settings the solution folder is C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\oppt. I cannot change this as this is greyed out.

Folder for Business logic in generation settings is also greyed out and it is C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\oppt\BOL\Apps

I suspect because of the new project, the changes are getting updated in the new folder C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\oppt and not in C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\MSA

Even after releasing the changelist the changes are not getting reflected in C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\MSA

We are on CRM 5.0 SP04.

Please advise.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chan

1. Open MAS and Go to the 'Generation Settings'.

2. Click on the 'User Interface' tab page.

3. Click on the Project Drop down and selct MSA. if MSA is not found, Create a new project and enter MSA. When you create a new project,note that you have to select the application from the Ui Application drop down.

4. Change the Runtime File name to 'MSA'.

5. And keep the Target folder as 'C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\' and Templat Folder as 'C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\Framework\Templates'

6. Now apply the changes in the Generation settings.

7. Now Do the Complete Generation (Generate All).

8. Build the solution and Create a MUP as mentioned in my previous reply,

Best Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks again for all your replies.

Thanks,

Chan

Edited by: Chan on Oct 20, 2008 2:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

When I did a complete generation (Generate All), it is failing with the below message:

Project generation failed: Out of string space

But when I did a Generate All earlier, it went fine without any issues.

Please help.

Thanks,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you generated with "use incremental generation" checked. This might fail/stop/crash sometimes with different kinds of error messages.

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfhard,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I generated using non-incremental generation and still this error is issued.

I applied all the hot fixes for our version CRM 5.0 SP04

Thanks,

Chan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for all other SP versions I can find a design time patch which fixes this issue (e.g. 1100576/1122862) but not for SP4...

Regards,

Wolfhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chan

At first, Check all the settings are proper in the Generator Settings.

If settings are Ok,Close MAS.Restart the SQL server.

Go to the path C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net and rename the MSA folder to some thing.

Now Open MAS and DO a complete Generation. It should work.

Best Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankar,

I was able to do Generate All after following the above mentioned steps.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks,

Chan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chan,

Please check your generation settings. You have mentioned it as

"C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\oppt"

but ideally it should be

"C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net" .

Goto your generation settings in MAS under Build->Generator Settings and under the "User interface" tab please have the

target folder as "C:\Program Files\SAP\Mobile\App.Net\" for your MSA application.

Generally the steps for making any changes are done as follows

1)Open MAS,Connect to your repository, Create a new changelist.

2)Make changes via your changelist and then save it. Then do a generation of your change list just to make sure that your changes are getting reflected in your

mobile client.

(Important: Make sure that your generation settings are proper.)

3.If it works fine ,ONLY then release your changes so that it goes to the baseline.

4.Do a generation again.

The changes should get reflected.

Thanks,

Abishek