cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a number range for job keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have different business units within our company and would like te set up different number ranges for the job keys that are generated on the organizational data for the different business units.

My steps to create a job key is as follows:

- Go to transaction PP01

- Select "Job" on Object Type field

- Select "Object" under Infotype Name on the Active tab and click on create.

- I now create my Object abbreviation and object name

- When I save, the screen returns to PPO1 and the Object ID field now have a job key number in (which is linked to the Position number and displayed on IT0001). The number is e.g. 60000000

My question is, that if we are creating a new object ID for e.g. for Business Unit 1, we would like the Object ID to generate a number in the number range e.g. 60000000 - 69999999

If we we are creating a new object ID for e.g. for Business Unit 2, we would like the Object ID to generate a number in the number range e.g. 70000000 - 79999999

Etc.

Is it possible to do something like this as there is no indication on PP01 as to what Business Unit you are creating this Object ID for and therefore it would not know what number range to allocate.

Is there perhaps someone that is doing it this way and who has a solution for me.

Regards

Helmien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member47879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to transaction OONR and create your number number and after that in OONC for activating the switch..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi helmien vanrenen ,

Go for transaction code OONC or table T77S0 and group NUMRG COMP Do not enter value.

Next step is go to transaction code OONR here you can assign the different number ranges for different Object Types.

Warm Regards,

Kapil Kaushal