Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Text symbols translation

Hi guys,

what I though was going to be a walk in the park has kept me frustrated for the last 2 hours now.

I added a new text, which is written to a variable. Ofcourse, I could've just chosen the easy way and hard-code it but I decided to put it into a text symbol instead. Anyway, since my system language is default English and the program language is German (in this case) I had some initial issues, but finally got the text exact same text added in both languages. Now, however, it does not display the text in any other language but DE and EN. How can I get it to just display the standard language's text (either DE or EN) for all other languages, for example Dutch? I thought it would take the standard language's text when it's not defined in a local language, but apparantly, that's not the case. I does not have to be actually translated, so I might as well cut the crap and hardcode it, but I want to do it right. So how to get this exact same text displayed in all languages. without having to add it for each possible language on earth?

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question