cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending an excel sheet of to mail Ids using file to mail scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a folder with three folders archive exception and log. Log folders have the details of exception. I want the XML files that are in Exception, to be sent to resp email ids with the data in it to be stored in an excel sheet( data will be collected from the log file for the correspondng file in exception).

eg: if test.xml is in exception its log will have an exception detail somethng like " Enter a value".

In this case i want to give the exception details as well as some relevant details with it like material number etc , time at which the exception occured . These details are to be given in an excel sheet .

Is it possible to do using file to mail scenario. Please help by explianing the procedure.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done with the help of some Java and ABAP coding. I can give you a general view on how to do this.

1. Configure a file adapter for sender to pick up the exception files.

2. While doing the mapping, create a UDF to store the values (which you need to send it to excel file) in a table in ABAP Stack.

3. Create a ABAP Program in R3 (which can be schedule on regular intervals depending on ur req) to create an excel sheet based on the the data in the table (created in previous step). I am not sure how easy to code ABAP program to create an excel sheet.

4. Create one more file adapter to send this excel sheet to the corresponding mail ids.

This is a very high level view on doing this.

Answers (0)