SAP .Net Connector doesn't seem to properly integrate in VS 2003
I installed SAP .Net Connector 2.0 from the file SAP.Net.Setup_2.0.msi. It shows up in my Visual Studio under Help->Info under Installed Products as SAP .Net Connector.
But when I try to proceed like described here:
I don't see the 'SAP Connector Class' template, when selecting Add new Item. I only have the option to add 'SAP Connection Proxy' which is of the type .sapwsdl instead of .cs.
When I do this no wizard opens up. I only get the design view of this proxy and the only thing I can do there is add Proxy Fields.
I tried the project types 'Windows Application' and 'Class Library', always the same result.
Edited by: Torsten Liebscher on Oct 17, 2008 12:11 PM
Jitesh Kumar Sinha replied
With .NET Connector 2.0 onward you do not get the wizard. The documentation you are refering may be for the older version of NCo.
The steps you may follow to develop application using NCo 2.0 are -
1. Open the server explorer in VS 2003. You will see the SAP node.
2. Register the SAP system (right clieck ADD) by providing the credentials.
3. All the Remote function enabled modules will be listed there.
4. Choose Add Item -> SAP Proxy. This will add a blank wsdl file to your project.
5. Now drag n drop the desired BAPI/RFC from server explorer window to wsdl file design view.
6. Click on save button. You will get the required proxy (.vb/.cs etc) class generated in your project.