cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Percentage shouldnt aggregate for a typical characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The situation is explained . Its to do with Asset Accounting reports.

The data in the cube is so:

Asset Main Asset Subno Fiscal Yr Transaction Type M1 M2 Rate of Dep

AM1 AS1 2008 CUM a b 10%

PLN 10%

In the report for 2008,

Asset Main Asset Sub no M1 Rate of DEP

AM1 AS1 a 20%

The actual report for 2008 ,

Asset Main Asset Sub no Rate of Dep

AM1 AS1 10%

Every Asset Main has a unique Depreciation Rate (%). This is calculated in the Cube via routines . Problem is when I sum across a fiscal year , the measure Depreciation rate gets summed across the transaction types. What do I do to avoid aggregation of percentage value . Please help especially if you are familiar with these kind of scenarios.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratibha that will depend on ur requirement.

How do u want the rate of dep to aggregate for each transaction type?

Regards,

Rathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rathy ,

I dont want it to aggregate across transaction types. I m not aware as to what i have to do to prevent it from aggregating . Depreciation rate is a constant for an Asset Main no. across any Fiscal Year or Fiscal Period.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion if it is a constant then all records with that particular asset main will have '10' right. in calculation tab then minimum should select 10. it is selecting 0 because there is a record for it has value 0.But in that case also 'maximum' should work because if all records have '10' n 1 record has 0 also maximum is 10.

Regards,

Rathy

Edited by: Rathy Moorthy on Oct 17, 2008 2:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratibha,

What u can do is define the aggregation u want in the 'Calculation tab'.-> under 'calculate single value as' any of the porvided option.

the option u choose will depend on requirement.

If the rate of dep is going to be same value for all transaction types u can choose either of 'minimum' or 'maximum'.

It will suffice your requirement.

Hope it solves ur problem.

Regards,

Rathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rathy ,

Thanks for the reply . I tried ur suggestion . But it gave me minimum as ' 0 ' . Maximum as ten times more the value.

lookinf fwd to new suggestions