cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errored jobs not resubmitting automat. despite registry setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running V7 Redwood.

I want to be able to change the default behaviour in Redwood so that if a job Errors (cancelled in SAP) it will still resbumit automatically based on the submit frame the job was defined with. I have changed the registry parameter SubmitFrameStatus for each instance to

,C, E, U, A,

Configuration -> Environment -> Registry -> Public -> RSI -> SID1

SubmitFrameStatus

Should I set the "Overrides private key" radio button on the Overriding tab in case this behaviour I'm setting is being overriden at the script level or similar?

I have checked the init.jcs parameter file for the Process Server in D:\Program Files\Redwood\Server\703\admin to make sure the deprecated submit_frame_status parameter wasn't specified and it isn't.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks in advance

Guy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

I think you have misunderstood how to set this up. The SubmitFrameStatus registry key applies to CPS Schedulers not to SAP instances. Using the Registry you can put in place setting that will apply to all Process Servers or alternatively you could edit the init.jcs file and put in place values on a per Process Server basis.

So what I believe you should do is remove the key you added to each of your sap instances and instead edit the SubmitFrameStatus key under:

Configuration -> Environment -> Registry -> Public -> RWS -> Repository -> Parameters

Set your status code values here. Note too that the statuses are CPS statuses NOT SAP status. I would probably not include the A (cancelled) since if you really want to cancel a job you don't want it to be rescheduled. An SAP job that's Cancelled is going to go to either Error or Killed (can't remember) in CPS.

With the above set you should be fine.

Regards,

Simon