cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

archiving prodcedur for materialmaster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I HAVE READ ARCHIVING PROCEDURE WHICH HAS MAINTAION IN FROMS..AND I TRIED..BUT FAIL THE PROCESS

I HAVE CONFUSION ABOUT MM71 and SARA tcodes

can we use both transactions or only one

pls...any one can guide me the excact procedure for archiving step by step

regards

sesidhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use T.code SARA and the object name MM_MATNR,First Archive and Then Delete.

First Click on the Archive and then Maintain the varient name,if the material has deletion flag,please flag the Option Select deleted materials.

Then schedule immidiate batch job.

Then Do the deletion program in similar way,While running deletion program,You can directly see the archeved material.

Please donot forget to remove the test mode flag from the varient.

regards

Govardhan

Edited by: govardhan reddy on Oct 17, 2008 11:43 AM

Edited by: govardhan reddy on Oct 17, 2008 12:18 PM

Edited by: govardhan reddy on Oct 17, 2008 12:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per ur information i coud not findout the ARCHIVE button ..in action box i found only " write ,delete,read andmanagemant"

regards

sesidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you enter the T.code SARA,you can see object ID first and below that you can see archive,delete and analyze buttons

rEGARDS

gOVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I entered SARA

then ..archiving object----

here i enterd MM_MATNR .i enterd

i cound not able to see the object id and archive...i am using ecc6.0 version

pls ....guide me.

regards

sesidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sesidhar,

Archiving object MM_MATNR helps in archiving Material master record (MMR), Some of the pre-requisites to archive MMR are:

1. MMR should be flaged for deletion

2. Technical dependent archiving objects should be archived.

3. There should be no dependent business document open for it. For example - A material should not have pending Account receivables or Account payables / There should be no stocks in the warehouse / and so on..

Basic customizing Archive administration should already been configured. For example: FILE system customizing, Archiving object specific customizing, Storage system configuration, Residence periods and so on.

If you want to mark deletion flag for few MMR then manually you can do otherwise you have to go with the setting up deletion flag with a report.

After meeting above, then you can start archive MM_MATNR, Procedure as follows in ECC6.0 system

Goto SARA > Enter Archiving object MM_MATNR > Click on Write > Create Variant > Select MMR no that you want to archive and delete. > Schedule the job.

Deletion and Store function scheduling depends upon the your configuration in Archiving object specific settings.

Hope this information will give you overall idea of archiving Material master record

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MM71 is a Direct Transaction Code for Material Master Reorganization where as SARA is Used for all Archiving Process Such as MMR, VMR PIR, Etc

You can Use MM71 / SARA with archiving Object MM_MATNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SARA is the universal tcode for Archiving process

MM71 will directly take you to the archiving process of Material master with the Archiving object.

so for archiving you can use either one of them as per your convenoence & authorization

Thanks & Regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

pls.. guide me step by step procedure for SARA

regards

sesidhar

Former Member