Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

archiving prodcedur for materialmaster

Hi

I HAVE READ ARCHIVING PROCEDURE WHICH HAS MAINTAION IN FROMS..AND I TRIED..BUT FAIL THE PROCESS

I HAVE CONFUSION ABOUT MM71 and SARA tcodes

can we use both transactions or only one

pls...any one can guide me the excact procedure for archiving step by step

regards

sesidhar

replied

Hi Sesidhar,

Archiving object MM_MATNR helps in archiving Material master record (MMR), Some of the pre-requisites to archive MMR are:

1. MMR should be flaged for deletion

2. Technical dependent archiving objects should be archived.

3. There should be no dependent business document open for it. For example - A material should not have pending Account receivables or Account payables / There should be no stocks in the warehouse / and so on..

Basic customizing Archive administration should already been configured. For example: FILE system customizing, Archiving object specific customizing, Storage system configuration, Residence periods and so on.

If you want to mark deletion flag for few MMR then manually you can do otherwise you have to go with the setting up deletion flag with a report.

After meeting above, then you can start archive MM_MATNR, Procedure as follows in ECC6.0 system

Goto SARA > Enter Archiving object MM_MATNR > Click on Write > Create Variant > Select MMR no that you want to archive and delete. > Schedule the job.

Deletion and Store function scheduling depends upon the your configuration in Archiving object specific settings.

Hope this information will give you overall idea of archiving Material master record

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question