Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to cancel/reprocess Messages of status 'HOLD'

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I m working on a EOIO Scenario. So System Error mesages blocked further processing of messages and all successive mesages after the failed message went to 'HOLD'. So I canceled the 'System Error' message.Its status changed to 'Cancelled with Error'. But when i tried to cancel/resend the next message on HOLD , I m getting the below error message.

Admin action: Setting the message status to 'failed' failed, due to: java.lang.Exception: Predecessor not in final state..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aarthi,

Are you using "maintain order at runtime for receiver determination" ..?

if yes than uncheck the check box..

Regards,

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Santhosh,

Yes. I have checked the Maintain Order at Runtime option.

But as per the funtional requirement I need that option.

Since its only development, i can temporarily remove this option and reprocess all the messages on HOLD.

BUt what in case its a Production Environment?

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a funciton module to delete the cancel messages. I dont remember the exact name of the funciton module. CUrrently I dont have the access to the system. If possible search in SE37 tcode like cancel something likethis, you will get it for sure.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187437
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for all your responses.

Actually i m trying to resend/cancel the first HOLD message. All the previous messages are either in 'Success' or 'Cancelled with error' Status.

But still I m getting the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Holding is the state of an EOIO message that cannot be delivered until its predecessors have been delivered.

When a message runs on an error during the processing, all other messages in the same queue will not be processed until the error is fixed or the erroneous message is cancelled from processing.

So look into RWB under message monitoring for those messages which are in error, try to fix the problem and resend or cancel the message to release the queue.

After you have resent or cancelled the message all other message will be processed immediately.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to deal with stuck EOIO messages

Regards

Seshagiri

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this

Also check for the older date if you have some more messages stuck with the holding status. U will have to first correct the oldest entry

Regards,

Prateek