Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi which returns NULL Value

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I need a BAPI, which can return the null value after execution. Is there any BAPI for this.

Awaiting for your reply

Thanks and Regards

Praveen

13 REPLIES 13

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What null value? I don't understand your question.

0 Kudos

Hey Matt..

I am working on data transfer between Sharepoint to SAP, we are facing a problem of SAP slower response. We are under testing the our scenario, so that I want to know, if I sent any BAPI call to SAP from Sharepoint, which need not to retrieve any return value, so that our maintenance team can measure the time of SAP response. As per my knowledge I know that, every BAPI will return something after executing, but before telling this to my manger I want to confirm it, so that is the reason why I posted this thread.

Anyways thanks for your reply.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u were this clear, when u posted this question, Thomas's response would be different.

Edited by: Vishwa Sri Hari on Oct 20, 2008 11:12 AM

0 Kudos

HI Viswa

I am clear on that day when I posted it, but I want to re-confirm it from experts like you. If I made any statement wrong while developing the system it could cause for worst situations. Due to the weekend I could not change the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, when you want to reconfirm, the whole scenario should be explained properly to gain proper help, otherwise you will get answers as you got now. Take care from now.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should simply create an RFC enabled function module, and call that.

matt

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend calling RFC_PING for this purpose.

Thomas

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My brain just returned a NULL value after reading your question.

0 Kudos

Heheheeeeeeee.....

What button we must create?

Abuse is not enough

Edited by: K.P.N on Oct 17, 2008 5:16 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was thinking that you could get a NULL value returned by not calling any BAPI.

0 Kudos

Great response Matt. LOL

0 Kudos

Hey KPN

No need to create any new buttons, your response is enough, but you might given your reply, "it is not possible".

Anyways thanks for your reply.

Regards

Praveen

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe this cannot be done by any BAPI but you may get NULL value by just using Thomas brain as it already returned with NULL value

PS:Don't riward me untill not satisfied.

Cheers