cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while creating system in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam trying to create technical system in the Portal to connect to SAP R/3 system. when i try to test the system, iam always getting the following error:

Connection failed. Make sure user mapping is set correctly and all connection properties are correct.

I tried to do the user mapping from both "Personalize" link as well as from the "User Management", but no use.

What could be the possible solution for this error?

Please suggest

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

How are you testing the connection, is it thru a transcation iview or are you testing it thru the connection tests available when you create a system object.

Once you have defined all the system object properties like

Connector

WAS

User Management: in this define the Logon Method=UIDPWD & user mapping type= admin, user

then you can do user mapping for a particular user with that system alias.

let me know if the problem still persists.

regards,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam trying to test the connections using the "Connection Tests" link.

I want to create JCo Destinations in the portal and hence im trying to create a system.

In the connector properties of the system, for Logical system name we are supposed to give the<SAP system ID>CLNT<client> Where can i find the SAP System Id?

Please suggest.....

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can find the system ID from the SAP GUI Logon Pad.Open the SAP Logon pad and select the server name for which you want to get the system id and then select change item.Here you can find the system id.

Hope this helps

Regards

Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ThanQ, I tried with the System Id from the SAP Logon Pad, but still im getting the same error.

In the "Web AS" Properties,for the property," Web AS Path", wat should be given?

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

One thing for creating a Jco destination you do not require a system object.

But instead you require a Technical system to be created in the SDL.

Now coming to the SYstem Object for getting the logical system ask any of your basis guy to get you the Logical system name.

But it is not a mandate to mention the logical system name.

For SID also you can ask Basis people to get you that.

Or else if you have SAP Logon pad try loggin to the system then you can get the CLNT number it may be 3 digit number<800,900,001 etc>

regards,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you tell me what needs to be done for creating JCo destinations?

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is your SLD configured, then in that case

First of all define a ABAP Techical System in the SLD of the Portal

http://<hostname:portnumbner>/sld

For creating a Technical Sytem, follow a Document and the system would be for the R/3 system that you need to integrate with the Portal

Once defined the system in the System Landscape Directory(SLD) then you can go to the

Content Administration-->Web Dynpro>Content Administrator by going here you can configure the JCo.

regards,

kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam trying to define a ABAP Techical System in the SLD of the Portal, as you suggested. But when i log into the SLD using the url:

http://<hostname:portnum>/sld,

I can see this message:

System Landscape Directory (SLD) is not installed on this AS Java system.

Please suggest how this can be done.

Regards,

Padmalatha.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmalatha,

for the problem u got u can refer this link.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Installation/SLD_SAPWAS640_Java.pdf

Regards

Supraja

christian_gnther3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it would probably be very helpful for you and also for us, if you could provide some more details about your environment:

1. Is this a productional environment consisting of multiple systems or are you in a development environment, where everything is on noe host?

2. What version is your portal and the backend, is this really R/3 backend as in 4.6c?

2. Where is your SLD setup - on your central Solution Manager, standalone or not at all?

- you need the hostname and port of the SLD - ask your SAP Basis Administrators

3. please find out about connection details about your R/3 backend system - hostname, ports etc.

In case you do not have an SLD (although I'd find this rather strange) you could also create the JCo connection like this:

1. logon to your portal as Administrator

2. Navigate to System Administration -> System Configuration

3. In the portal content I suggest you create yourself a new folder in which you save your technical systems

4. Right click on your new folder and create a new system from template

5. Choose SAP System with load balancing (in case you want to use a message server)

or direct SAP system - I would use SAP system via message server

5. provide the following information:

a) The Systemname - this can be any name you want e.g. D1H_HR_Development

b) The System-ID - I usually choose the name in lower case

c) System-ID prefix - this is a prefix to identify your system in the PCD. I usually only have my company name here

6. Choose next and then open the object for editing

7. In the dropdown menu Property Category choose Connector:

• Logical System Name: enter <SAP SID>CLNT<CLIENT>

• Message Server: the hostname of your R/3 system where the message server (provided by central instance) runs on

• Remote Host Type: 3

• SAP Client: (whatever client you use)

• SAP System ID: the SID of your R3 system

• Server Port: Your Message server port

In case you have an 4.7 or later backend system, you would also want to enter Web AS configuration settings:

8. Choose the Web AS properties in the drop-down box

• WebAS Description: same as in Logical System Name <SAP SID>CLNT<CLIENT>

• WebAS Hostname: The abapa webas with FQDN and ABAP http-port: <server>:<port>

• Web AS Path: /sap/bc/webdynpro/sap

• Web AS Protocol: http or https that depends on your security implications

User Management properties

• Authentication Ticket Type: SAP Logon Ticket

• Logon Method: SAPLOGONTICKET

• User Mapping Fields: I really hope for you that your users are named the same in portal and backend - in this case, you can leave this blank

• User Mapping Type: Admin

If you need to have access to the ITS (internal for new systems) choose this property from the drop down list

• ITS-Description: something speaking

• ITS-Hostname: like above (if its internal) but also full qualified and WITH portnumber

• ITS-Path: /sap/bc/gui/sap/its

9. Now after these settings make sure your system has at least a Default Alias.

Either enter one (you can find the option to enter System Aliases in the context menue of the system object itself) or add a system alias as requested by specific business content.

For example, depending on your specific scenario, ESS/MSS on HCM could need these Aliases:

• SAP_ECC_Financials

• SAP_ECC_HumanResources

• SAP_ECC_Travel

• SAP_R3_HumanResources

I hope this helped a bit,

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Padmalatha,

Is it that you want to create a JCo or a system?

The system which you create in portal will not affect the JCo. Kindly contact the basis team for the system details for the JCo creation.

If you need a system defined in portal for any other purpose like iViews, follow these steps

Go to System Administration

2) Go to System Configuration

3) Go to Portal Content, open that folder.

4) Right Click on Portal Content, a Panel is displayed select "System (from Template)".

5) That will display a new view on right side, now select "SAP system using dedicated application server" from

the existing templates.

6) Choose next

7) Give the System Name and System Id (which are mandatory fields) incase you want to give any brief notes

about the system then give them in the "Description" field.

😎 Open the Newly Created System.

9) Now when you want to create a New System, you have to fill four Properties they are:

"Connector" - contains basic connectivty details

"Web Application Server" - if you wish to access BSPs and/or Web Dynpro for ABAP and

"User Management".

A "System Alias" has to be defined from the Display drop down menu.

Make sure you have set end user access in the Permissions drop down menu to all users who need to access the system

10) Select "Connector" property, now fill the required fields such as:

a) Application Host (should be fully qualified hostname) - Give the R/3 "Application Name",

which can be obtained from the SAP Logon Pad

b) Logical System Name - Give the logical name as defined in the backend system

c) SAP Client - Check the Client in the backend system and give the appropriate number (3 digits)

d) SAP System ID(SID)* - Check the R/3 properties and give the check for System ID

e) System Type* - Select SAP_R3 system.

f) System Number - This is a two digit number that you can find in the SAP Logon Pad

11) Select "Web Application Server" property , now fill the required fields like

a) Web AS Description -> Give some Description

b) Web AS Host Name - hostname:portnumber. Usually the portnumber would be 80xx. xx is the SID

c) Web AS Path - usually sap/bc/bsp/sap*

Web AS Protocol - select http

12) Select "User Management" property, now fill the required fields like

a) Authentication Ticket Type - Since we are not using SSO leave the field

empty i.e. put in select mode. (Please note that longer term you will probably want to use SSO)

b) Logon Method - Select UIDPW.

c) User Mapping Type - Choose "admin/user".

13) Since all the required fields are filled appropriately now create a System Alias name, this can be done by following steps:

a) go to Display -> Select "System Aliases" give some Alias Name, let's call it "SAP_R/3"

Krishna Murthy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padmalatha,

I m getting the same problem while testing the R3 connectivity..

Is your problem solved..?

Can you please help me for the same..

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether all the Connector Properties (Application Host, Gateway Host/Service, Logical system ...) have been filled with correct data.

If you are using user mapping make Logon Method property in User Management = UIDPW.

If you are getting failed status in WAS during testing, re check the WAS parameters.

Assign the user details of ERP in User mapping fields in Personalize and try again.

If all the filled data is correct, then it should work.

Regards,

Santhosh