cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purcahe Order: message/note on item line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I try to find out how to get an messaage/warning/Notification on the item line in a purchase order.

Scenario (just an example)::

We want to buy a coffie machine.

When creating the item line, we want to get an "message", in order to be aware of the fact, that we probably need to buy some coffie too.

We do not always need to buy coffie, and the kind of coffie coud be different fra the last time we bought some, so a BOM is not the solution

- we just need to be aware af the issue.

It might be a poor example - but I hope some of you aou there get the idea

On the Material Master (for the coffie) / Basic Data u2013> Additional data, some text tabs might be usefull.

I have looke and find that the tab "Internal Comment" might be usefull.

How do I get this on the list in the purchase order tab "text" - and get the ikon for "text excists" in the column "Text" on the item line?

If any have some quite different ideas - fx.a pop up message, or whatever it would be interesing

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Kim Jacobsen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Just create new material status in OMS4 with the required description with the Purchasing Message as "A" - Warning, Use this Material Status in the MMR, Purchasing view.

Now whenever you create a PO for the said item, you will be prompted with the required message as a warning

Trust this matches your requirement

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Merwyn

Thanks a lot.

It might be the solution I choose, it certainly is the answer for my question.

I might create a new thread for the issue: How to include text from material master text tabs into the text tab in Purchase order.

So far I have not found this in the IMG, but I'm sure it must be there somewhere

Once more, thanks

Cheers

Kim