Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Basic Steps to setup CR XI (R2)

Hello,

please allow me one mor question:

I have several Problems with CR XI - so I want to setup CR XI from the beginning:

My Question: Which Service Packs an Hotfixes etc. are recommended to get an optimal and error free Installation ?

I have purchased a box with Crystal reports XI.

This is not automatically Release 2, isn' t it?? (Until now I have worked with the Trial Version called "CR XI Rel. 2 trial")

How do I change CR XI to CR XI Rel 2? Why is that necessary?

What are the next steps?

Which Service Packs should be installed on this initail CR XI - Installation?

Is it recommended to install immediately the SP4 Incremental or should the earlier SPs be installed before?

And after having installed everything : Which Merge Modules are then recommended??

Is there any Step-by-Step-Documentation which brightens the darkest secrets of CR-Handling?

Thanks very much and nice Weekend.

Miko

replied

Hi Miko,

-- 'You can contact you Accounts Manager for your license upgrade information with in your agreement details they are enclosed'.

--'You can find the CR XI R2 in ESD Site where the login credentials are provided to you earlier when you purchase the product.

--As the functionalities are same for both CR XI and CR XI R2, where some limitations in CR XI are recovered in CR XI R2.

--No Need to install Hot Fixes when you are installing these service packs.

--Due to some internal problems with service pack 3 of crystal xi they have removed from site and all those are fixed with in service pack 4, try to install service pack 4.

--Yes , but it is prefered to install Cr XI release 1.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Naveen.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question