cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize error messages in ESS Iviews

0 Kudos

Hi all ,

We are working on ESS / MSS aplications , and when we use standard IViews and there is a problem with infotype 0105 or user is initial .. we get an error message showing all the Java console not very usefull for the users .

Can anyone give a hint about how to customize the error messages to be shown or how can we change the errors ( pages ) to be displayed ¿?

Thanks

Álvaro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member205624
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvaro,

Have a look at this wiki.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/Customizing%2bError%2bMessages%2bin%2bPortal

Regards,

Krishna chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alvaro,

The standard Error messages can be customized for every application in Portal.

Just browse for your deployed component in Portal server and find the web.xml file.

For example in case you want to change the standard error message of Portal irj, then go to below path in server.

usr/sap/<Portal ID>/<Instance>/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/

Place the custom error pages (html /jsp files) in root folder and edit the last section of web.xml file to refer to the custom error pages path as given below.

<error-page>

<error-code>500</error-code>

<location>/Error_Pages/500.jsp</location>

</error-page>

<error-page>

<exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>

<location>/Error_Pages/SearchError.jsp</location>

</error-page>

</web-app>

You can indivisually do this for any application deployed in irj, Portal.

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Can you tell me how can we show custom error message for individual application.

I want to stop users from accessing the portal roles directly using the direct URL for these roles. And the standard error message we get is "Page not found". I have placed the code in web.xml file, I got the exception from the trace logs. As mentioned I have created a folder with the html file and placed it in root directory. In web.xml I have mentioned

<error-page>

<error-code>404</error-code>

<location>/Error_Pages/404.html</location>

</error-page>

<error-page>

<error-code>500</error-code>

<location>/Error_Pages/500.html</location>

</error-page>

<error-page>

<exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>

<location>/Error_Pages/SearchError.jsp</location>

</error-page>

This code does seem to be working of me.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Namit