Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user defined alert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear;

i create a new alert.

how can i set this alert to fire when i add a new document (as the predefined alert)

regards;

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

All system alerts are predefined so that there are no links to select from. For user alerts, they all defined by user queries. You can link whatever tables you need to get alert by your query. It is not like approval template.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon;

i know what you said but the question is:

you can link the system alert to a document.

is there any possibility to do the same for the user defined alerts?

because sbo shows only a schedule and not documents.

best regards;

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

User alerts and very independent and are only an extension to the Alerts functionality. They cannot be linked to a document.

If you could share your query and tell us what you need probably there would be a way to help

Suda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

Give some more details like

1.Which query you have used in Alert ?

2.What frequency you have set in Alert ?

BR

Samir Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samir;

i created a new alert.

if you access this alert, you can't set on which document do you want to link to. (like the Écart de remise (en %) system alert).

how can set it to a document?

regards;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dany,

Use the alert function to have the system automatically notify selected users in SAP Business One whenever certain system events occur. There are two types of Alerts, predefined alerts and user-defined. In addition, approval procedures also generate alerts if their conditions are met. Messages triggered by alerts can be sent internally, or externally by e-mail, SMS message, or fax.

Alerts are optional and can be modified, deactivated or removed at any time.

The following pre-defined Alerts are available for immediate use:

Deviation from Credit Limit: Each business partner can have a predefined discount percentage. This Alert is triggered when a quotation or other type of document varies from this Credit Limit.

Deviation from Commitment: Alerts when the Commitment limit, as defined by the sum of the credit limit and the cheques received but not cashed yet is breached.

Deviation from % of Gross Profit: The conditions for the Profit Percentage in the document can be defined in the Conditions tab of the Alerts Management window. This Alert is triggered when a document has a gross profit less than this value.

Deviation from Discount (in %): Each BUSINESS PARTNER can have a predefined discount percentage. This Alert is triggered when the discount for a certain document varies from this discount.

Deviation from Budget: Alerts when a new Purchase Order is calculated and a divergence from the budget occurs.

Minimum Stock Deviation: Detects when the inventory for an Item falls below the minimum level, which has been defined in the Item Master Record.

For the above predefined alerts, the user can decide which documents to check and therefore limit or expand the scope of the alert.

Alerts just notify the appropriate parties. They do not stop a document from being posted. The notified user can reply to the alert using the messaging function and this reply like the original alert can be sent internally, or externally via e-mail, SMS message, or fax

To display the Alerts, if Saved History has been chosen in the Alerts Management window, choose Window Messages/Alerts Overview.

Hope it helps.

Samir Gandhi