Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Human readable decision tree?

armando_spagnolo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a scenario where its necessary to stroe a human readable form of the rules processing together with the result. For example when someone phones a call centre, they are not just told that based on their circumstances, the answer is 42, but also why.

I deally I would like to call a service within my process and receive back an answer, as well as a document (pdf? or something that could be converted to it...). Does this exist? (I suppose there must be a trace facility for developers...)

Armando.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armando,

What we have at this point (with Ehp1 of 7.0 and 7.1) is a trace feature which provides an explanation of the decision process. The feature is integrated in the UI. There are however certain limitations regards the performance (you cannot use the code generation mode when in the trace mode of execution). We are making certain improvements and what you will see in future releases (Ehp2) will likely include significant capabilities in this area.

regards

Sudhir

armando_spagnolo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sudhir,

Is it possible to store the output of the trace facility? For example if someone calls up 6 months later I may need to provide this trace as evidence. I would not want to re-run the rule becuase the rule smight have changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armando,

There are also different modes of trace persistency. With this feature in place you can also store the trace of the decision made and then this can also be used in the future to see why a particular decision was made.

You dont need to run a rule again to get the trace.

Regards

Nitesh

armando_spagnolo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitesh, sounds great!