Did you mean: 

brbackup BR0069E File name not unique - backup/verifcation not possible

former_member633852
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

we try to take solman backup to local disk,

when we execute brbackup from windows cmd, brbackup terminates with errors,

brbackup command : brbackup -u system/password u2013c u2013t offline_force u2013m sap_dir

here are the Errors ;

BR0069E File name E:\usr\sap\SLD\DVEBMGS00\data not unique - backup/verification not possible

BR0069E File name E:\usr\sap\SLD\DVEBMGS00\igs\data not unique - backup/verification not possible

BR0069E File name E:\usr\sap\SLD\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\tcTechSrvXML_DAS\servlet_jsp\DataArchivingService\root\WEB-INF\classes\com\sap\archtech\daservice\data not unique - backup/verification not possible

BR0069E File name E:\usr\sap\SLD\DVEBMGS00\j2ee\JSPM\deploy\data not unique - backup/verification not possible

BR0069E File name E:\usr\sap\SLD\DVEBMGS00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\tc\sld\data not unique - backup/verification not possible

How can i prevent these errors,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

brbackup -u system/password u2013c u2013t offline_force u2013m sap_dir

The u2013m sap_dir part will not work for a backup to disk, because there is more than one directory named data .

For a start, leave it away.

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atakan,

Since yours is ABAP+J2EE and you want to backup /usr/sap directory, brbackup command fails because some directories like data and log are available at several times under different parent directories like dispatcher and server. I recommend to use Operating system commands to take backup of /usr/sap as you dont have any third party tools. Use robocopy if it windows or tar/cpio if it is unix.

Thanks,

Kiran.

former_member633852
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply,

This is an abap+java system, so we need to backup /usr/sap directory to,

How can i take /usr/sap directory backup while offline_db taken and automate them,

We Don't have third party backup software,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Backup /usr/sap directory by operating system tools perhaps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because the file name is not unique, files in the backup directory could be overwritten (during a backup to disk).

Program reaction: The BRBACKUP run is terminated.

User action: Stop the database. Rename the file at operating system level. Use the SYRMGR commands to rename the file on the database.

connect internal

shutdown immediate

startup mount

alter database rename file '<file name>' to '<file name>';

alter database open;

Then restart BRBACKUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anish ,

good copy&paste job from SAP note 17163.

However:

SAP note 17163 is not quite up to date.

It suggests command SVRMGR. That's not available for recent Oracle versions. The original poster didn't tell us his/her Oracle version. So this suggestion may or may not be helpful. You should get the idea, but not follow it literally.

And I doubt renaming all those data directories will be a good idea. Again, SAP note 17163 seems to be not quite applicable for Java systems.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joe

every one will do the same .. even you and for that only SAP is providing OSS(refer and do) . Even if some one provide some solution do u think people will do it blindly. He will know if he is working on oracle 9 and above we have 2 use sqlplus "/ as sysdba". I assumed that i was not helping some who is a lay man. He is a consultant and he can think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update, did not see the note, but you can try this

1.- connect and start in mount mode only

sqlplus / as sysdba

shutdown immediate

startup mount

set linesize 1024

set pagesize 0

2.- Generates mv for os commands

spool /tmp/script_rename.sh

select '! mv '||name||' '||name||'_'||file# from v$datafile;

spool off

3.-Generates alter database rename files

spool /tmp/script_rename.sql

select 'alter database rename file '''||name||''' TO '''||name||'_'||file#||''' ;' from v$datafile;

spool off

4.- Edit, adatpt & run /tmp/script_rename.sh - just remove unwanted lines

5.- Edit adapt & run /tmp/script_rename.sql - just remove unwanted lines

Actually this thread helped me quite a lot yesterday,

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atakan,

>BR0069E File name %s not unique - backup/verification impossible.

>

>Explanation: Because the file name is not unique, files in the backup directory could be overwritten (during a backup to disk).

>Program reaction: The BRBACKUP run is terminated.

Please backup only files with an unique filename.

Regards

Stefan