cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR XI R 2 Version Confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Installation of CR XI R 2 and additional Application of crir2sp4_rdc_mm.zip (SP4 for RDC)

my Crystal Report Application and the dlls in the \3.5\bin\ directory show

Version 11.5.10.1263

In the Registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Dev there is

Version 11.5.8.82627

Question 1 : In der Merge Files there is allways a link to the Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\*CR Ent*, which does not exist - may that cause any problems?

Question 2: If I use the CR XI R2 RDC SP4 Merge Modules in my Setup Tool there is allways a Message "Module ....MSM Not Valid or opened" if I use the SP4 Merge Files (which are older than the SP3 Merge Files??!

Miko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

What tool are you using to build the install package?

Have you searched forums for other postings related to build issues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

the problem seem to be that Version XI Rel 2 is not only an Upgrade of Version XI (for what I just purchased a license) but a special Version.

So I have the Trial Version XI Rel 2 and my Reg. Key does not comply with it.

I Think SAP ony gives the user the right to use Version XI Rel 2 I you buy a full Version (even if you are Crystal reports Customer for 15 years).

Very diffuse and time wasting the whole thing. I hope my old projects still using Crystal reports will soon run out of use.

Cheers for your efforts

Miko

0 Kudos

Hi Miko,

Thank you for the info. CR XI (11.0) is a different version than CR XI R2 (11.5) You can't mix them.

Please call our sales department for a free upgrade to to XI R2, the Trial version will not use your XI keycode, the upgrade will. The sales number is in the Help About... menu in Crystal Report Designer.

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)