cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang outofmemory exception in IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are on XI 3.0 SP13 and involved in creating a message mapping. We have a big XCBL PO structure as the target - and while we do the mapping effort, every now and then, we get a java.lang outofmemory exception ( display error ) when we save the mapping.

I notice that my CPU util is 100% and is taken up by javaw.exe. I have a 1.6 G RAM desktop - but still face this problem. Any suggestions as to how to overcome this memory problem ? Am I missing any setting in my desktop ?? Or do we have to live with this problem since the target structure is a generic/big structure ??

Thank you in advance for your time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer these notes, they might help you :

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are running on AIX, also have a look at

Additionally in that case check 716927

Be sure you are using a JDK 1.4.2_09 and not higher.

regards, Jaime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaime & Suraj

Thank you for your inputs. I checked my desktop configuration and realized that though I had a 1.25 G RAM, my paging size was very low - 785 MB ( how ?? ). After I increased my paging size, the message mapping process 'save' does not hang - though it does take a bit of time. I did not alter any settings on the XI J2EE server to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

actually, this problem has nothing to do with the server at all. Also paging size and your desktop ram do not really matter. By default IB starts with the parameter -Xmx512M, what means that Java gets maximum 512M of RAM. You can change it saving JNLP file to your local file system and changing there this argument to -Xmx 800M or -Xmx 1024M.

The second way is to reduce schema sizes. Usually there are a lot of "annotation" and "documentation" tags. They can be easily removed withoud damaging the mapping(the only problem that in design time you'll not see a documentation for fields). If you want to go this way, you can tell me and I'll find out how it can be done by some tool. Because we had this problem with other customers and as I remember there were some tool made for this purpose.

Although it might help to install the latest SP, because there were made a number of changes to reduce a memory consumption for Message Mapping tool

Best regards

Dmitry

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The option of saving the JNLP file to the local system sounds good for the scenario I am working on. Kindly let me know how do I do it.