Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best performance in runtime analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While doing the runtime analysis (using SE30) of a ABAP program , what is the best performance analysis report , means more percentage of time consumed by , ABAP program , Database or System ?

Thanks & Regards ,

Sabu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check this blog.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7769] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It would be the ABAP Code for which if the Time consumed is more than the Data base & the System, then the Report is said to have been performance Tuned.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best Case :

No one shold be in red color in analysis is the best runtime.

All should be in Green.

or

OK Case :

Database level - Red is not acceptable

ABAP Level - Red can be accepted and can be a good runtime.

System Level - Red is not acceptable.

Worst Case:

All are in Red Color

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check this blog.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7769] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The blog you given was very helpful and thanks for the quick response , please give me some blog or link which are related to SQL trace ( ST05 ).

Thanks & Regards ,

Sabu.

0 Kudos

You can find yourself by searching for "ST05" in the blogs. I can promise you, there is a good one by the same author.

(heck, there is even a link in above mentioned blog, open your eyes!)

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

if the database and system time in the graph is more as compared to the ABAP then this means that ur code is taking more time to hit the database i.e ur select queries r not fine tuned..performance tuning is required.

if its the other way then its performance is optimal.