Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project cost planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I am new to SAP PS.

I want to do manual cost planning for my project. I did this with CJ40. Planned values can be seen in CN41 or drilldown report like S_ALR_87013532.

I am also using activities in my project. When I use activity, activity plan values are increasing my WBS plan values. but I dont want it to get increase. e.g I use internal activity and use workcenter. So this increases my wbs plan value.

As I want to use manual planning only thr CJ40, how can i restrict the activities plan values not aggregating in WBS plan values.

Also some times, cn41 and S_ALR_87013532 reports shows somewhat different values.

for the same project, S_ALR_87013532 is showing only WBS plan values but cn41 shows activities plan vaues aggregated to WBS.

Pls guide..

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to OPSV and deselect the 2 check boxes for category 20.

If u want only for this project then set 'Do not determine planned cost'" in network header control tab under costing section.

Venkat

Edited by: VenkatSrinvas Konda on Oct 17, 2008 9:09 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ..

good question to answer

while doing WBS costing, plan cost at wbs levels in version 1. (befor forming activities). total up the values. Transfer this to ur project. this is used for budgeting and budget will be released.

now while planning activities, these planned values will be added to the wbs elements in version 0. to avoid it U can remove the costing in the control key in the activities, as u r not utilising it for costing.

even if u r not removing, these values will be use as reference while posting actual cost for activities, in version 0.

so, while checking the reports u can check the report with Version1, which shows planned values and actuals, with out activities being considered.........

if u check the report with Version 0, u can check the planned and actual values of activities (as a comparitive statement), including planned values of activities added up to wbs...........

only Version 1 is the report which is to be check up and version 0 is only comaparity statement for activities with activite cost added to WBS cost ..

Hope so u will be clear with this

even if ur r

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manta

Go to network header in project builder in cj20n ,

go to control tab page of network header and remove costing varient plan and actual .

system will not calculate planned values for activities

regards

shashank