cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign PP/DS Alerts to Users (Alerts Monitor)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have configured Overall Profiles for Alert Determination in the Background using PP/DS alerts. Is there a way i can automaticall assign this alert to other users? Or the users should just assign it to themselves?

Thanks in advance!

Nap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Is there a way that I could assign the particular Alert Profile as Favorites of the users? Meaning, if i created the Alert Profile myself, i want it also that the results will be acessible for the users via /sapapo/amon1.

I also have issue on alert generation. I set up the alerts via /sapapo/amon1. However, it failed to generate the desired alert via /sapapo/amon1. But when i view it in the Product View (rrp3), an alert icon is displayed for the affected category. How come the alert is not appearing in /sapapo/amon1? Is there any config that should be done?

Many thanks!

Nap

Former Member
0 Kudos

In /SAPAPO/AMON1 - Alert Monitor click on Favourite Management.

Select the user from Favorites for User and than assign alert profile according to user role.

Hope you have activated alert in IMG : Alert Monitor->Activate/Deactivate Applications in Alert Monitor.

Alerts are shown in interactive planning (/SAPAPO/SDP94) but not in alert monitor standalone (/SAPAPO/AMON1): In interactive planning, whatever what selection profile you use to load the data in the planning book, the alerts are found since the system considers just the data as loaded in the planning book. However, in alert monitor standalone, the selection id defined in the alert profile plays a big role. The alerts will be shown depending on the objects defined in the selection id and the aggregation level defined in the job when generating the DB alerts. For instance, in case of resource, it is strictly necessary to use a selection id that has resources only. If the selection id contains also locations for instance, the system tries to find alerts linked to the location resource for which for which there are none because the alerts are on the resource level only.

Alerts are generated but cannot be displayed in ALV grid: Check if there is a filter criterium in the layout which doesn't match with the existing alerts.

By scheduling the program /SAPAPO/READ_ALERTS_BATCH , you can determine and save dynamic & existing DB alert situations.

Configuring Overall Profiles for Alert Determination in the Background to use above program to generate alert.

transaction /SAPAPO/AMON_SETTING) go in menu bar -> Goto -> Alert Determination in the Background

Hope it will be helpful to you .

Manish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information! this is very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new user and assign him in Alert profile. However, when he is running the alert, system saying there is no alert.

When I am running this alert, I can see the alert.

Could any one help me please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Your reply was very helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can assign alert by /SAPAPO/AMONMSG - Set Sending of Alerts and they can see it in their mail or SAP workplace.

Or Uer can pull alert in RRP3 or planning table by goto Alert Monitor.

Or User can assign it to varaint by setting and user setting .

or user can access alert by /SAPAPO/AMON1 - Alert Monitor , assign alert to user favorities .

They can do it themselves if they have authorization.

"change authorization for the object C_APO_AMO to all the user who need Maintain favorite functionality.

You require change authorization Activity:02 for the Alert Monitor settings.

The following functions are hidden if you only have display authorizationActivity:03 .

Maintain favorites

Send automatically

Delete alerts

Change SDP database alert types

Change dynamic SDP alert types

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 17, 2008 7:04 AM