cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order without BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to create a production order without a BOM material, using only the finished material.

If yes can you please guide me which settings will enable this.

Thanks,

Sid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sidmi,

1.Create a new order type in OPJH and maintain the number ranges for the same.

2.For that order type in Order type dependent parameters in OPL8 - maintain the BOM application field as

empty.

3.If that field BOM application is been kept mandatory means,then create a BOM Application say ZZ01 -in T

code OPJM,give some selection ID and dont include any check boxes and then try to assign the same in

OPL8.

Check with this settings and try.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

I tried creating a new BOM application without any check boxes and assigned it in dependent parameters but still it is asking for a BOM...

any idea where to look

Thanks and regards,

Siddharth

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sidmi,

1.Check once again whether have you created the BOM application properly without including any of the

check boxes against Expl MRP or Planned order or Rel.order etc.

2.Also in the order type dependent parameters check whether have you given the newly created BOM

application and the other values like production version selection and in routing selection maintain P as the

application and the rest all the other fields as empty.

Now check by creating a production order for that product using the order type and reply whether is it ok or

not.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried what you suggested

I selected application as P however the routing selection field is mandatory so i was unable to leave it blank i selected 8 for this.....

For the new value for application i left all the check boxes unchecked and selcted the selction ID as

05 01 6 costing

Still it gives error while creating prodcution order stating BOM for mat xxxx does not contain valid items

also it gives a pop stating no valid BOM exists...

do u have any other ideas...

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Sid

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems, your requirement will match with the below content..

refer below thread..

Regards,

Siva

muthusamy_sankaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can create production order with out BOM

I think with out Routing u canot create production order, Because during order creation it will ask to select for routing

Regards,

Sankaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create order w/o BOM for finished product. By normal way CO01 u can create order system will give u warning message for BOM slection but you can cancel the same & proceed.

Order will be created. After that if you want to add any componenet you can add it manually in componenet overview.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Ashish

former_member335796
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the purpose of having this??

Whether you will have BOM for your header material?

In some cases say. for eg. for some Order types you don't want to select the BOM Components in the Order.

Pl. let me know..

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Production order can be created without BOM. Try to create an Order for a material without BOM. System will give a popup for BOM selection, if you press then order will be created without components.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar C.