Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding transactions in a composite role menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to add transactions in the menu for a composite role. but I do not see the option to add it. Please guide how would it be possible. Do I need to create single roles and merge the menus for them or can I create aa separate menu for the composite role?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anju

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

You can't add transactions to a composite role directly for this you need to create a single role and add the role to the roles tab of your newly created composite role.

no need to merge just add the single roles to composite roles automatically user who is assigned this composite role will get access of all single roles.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rakesh.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

Adding a t-code to a composite role is not possible.Compostite roles are nothing but a collection of several single roles and hence do not contain any authorization of it's own.

A composite role does not have a menu of it's own, the menu created in the composite role is by reading the menu from the single roles which it contains.You can restructure the role menus which you read in with Read menu, in the Menu tab.

When changing a single roles i.e adding or deleting a txn which is part of a composite role you have to go on to each related composite role and re-read the 'read menu' to update menu.

Thanks,

Saby..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to see the use of adding transaction into Composite role. It is not possible to direclty add the transaciton into Menu tab in the composite role, but you can read the menu from single roles which you are adding into Composite role.

However, when you are adding single roles into composite role, the user is going to get the menus automatically when the user gets this composite role access. The only reason why we are reading the menu in the composite role is that, if the transaction maintained in many single roles, which are added into the composite role, than you can read the menu to make a unique list. Otherwise, it is not necessary to do that.

So, please descibe your requirements of adding transaction into the composite role, if the above answer is not satisfying your question.

Regards

Anandm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

No first of all you cant add transactions to the menu of a composite role as a composite role is a collection of several single roles.

What you can do is create a single role, make addition/ deletions of tcodes inside the single role which will automatically reflect in the menu tab of single role and then you can add this single role to the composite role.

If you want to make changes to the tcodes from the menu tab you need to go to the single role and make changes which will reflect automatically, but thru composite role its not possible to make changes to the menu tab simply because the composite role takes all the tcodes from the single roles contained within it.

Hope this answers your query

Best ,

Suchitra

0 Kudos

>

> Hope this answers your query

>

> Best ,

> Suchitra

And which part of your post that is not in the other posts in the same thread should answer the query? Everything you wrote was already there.......