cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maint. order deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir

how i can delete a maint. order permanenetely , what is the diffrenece between LOCK & DELETION FLAG.

thanks

rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks my problem solved

thanks

rahul

amit_saxena7
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you LOCK an order then you cannot make any further changes to it.

But if you put a DELETION FLAG to an order then it is marked for deletion.

The duration after which it will be permanently deleted, depends on the customising setting for Order Types where you set the Residence Times( 1& 2). This setting can be made in T Code "OIOA" in fields "Residence Time 1" and "Residence Time 2".

"Reorganizing an object (e.g. order, project) normally requires three steps:

1. Setting the delete flag (can be reset)

2. Setting the final deletion indicator (cannot be reset)

3. Reorganizing (writing the object to a sequential dataset and physically deleting it from the system)

Residence time 1 determines the time interval (in calendar months) that must elapse between setting the delete flag (step 1) and setting the deletion indicator (step 2).

Residence time 2 determines the time (in calendar months) that must elapse between setting the deletion indicator (step 2) and reorganizing the object (step 3)."

Thankyou,

Amit.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you have to put deletion flag for the order and then while running archiving it will delete the order.

For details of prerequisite check [Archiving Maintenance and Service Orders |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8d/3e6552462a11d189000000e8323d3a/content.htm]

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear thyag

not able to put deletion flag in order because set & reset both are coming suppressed in my orders.

reagrds

rahul

amit_saxena7
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Try "Business Completion-Complete( Business)" for the order and then Set the Deletion Flag.

Once the Status is "CLSD", "SET" will be active.

Thanks,

Amit.

Edited by: Amit Saxena on Oct 17, 2008 7:58 AM