Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available capacity

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PP Experts,

Can anybody please explain me,

What is difference between Standard Available capacity,Available capacity & Pooled capacity.

Please explain with giving simple example if possible.Don't define.Please helpout.

Edited by: Raja S on Oct 17, 2008 8:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By mistake this thread has been posted twice

Available capacity = Operating time x number of individual capacities

Say stat of day is 07:30:00

Finish 17:00:00

Length of breaks 01:00:00

Working hr = 8.5

That means Operating time = 8.5 * 90 % = 7.65 Hr

Available capacity = 7.65 * 14 = 107.1 hr =6,426.00 min .

Here my No. of indiv. cap.= 14 and Capacity utilization is 90 % .

Pooled cap :

An available capacity that can be used by several work centers.

An example of a pooled capacity is a group of setup personnel who perform setups for many work centers.

Hope this helps

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Available capacity:

The capacity available for ur requirements.For an example 2 machines having capacity of producing 10 quantities each. That means the by using the available capacity u may produce 20 qntys per day.

U can view the available capacity for each work center through cm01. This will show the available capacity for every work center in hours or minutes.

Pooled capacity:

Pooled capacity is not only for a particular work center. It can be used by several work centers.

For an example, A group of maintenance labours will do the repair works in all the machines (work centers) in a company. They are not specific for a particular work center. Here these maintenance group is said to be the pooled capacity.

note: In the previous reply given by Mr. Bhramakumar, Just correct the finish time as 24:00:00. Then only the std available capacity becomes 16 hours.

Edited by: Jeyaraman R on Oct 17, 2008 12:47 PM

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeyaraman,

You are right. If the finish time is 24:00:00. Then only the std available capacity becomes 16 hours.

Thanks.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

What do you think about my answer for your thread? Is it valuable or not.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

Good afternoon...i have 5 m/c in one work center and 3 labour required to run this m/c. I created labor as a pooled capacity and assigned to Work center contained 5 m/c.In std value key , assigned two activitis machine and labor

my question is in an availability check, how shows the availabity? that means is system shows the both capacity or only m/c capacity?

Sudhakar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

We assign the Standard available capacity at capacity header (capacity view)of Workcenter (CR02).

In the work centre - capacity header overview give the following data in std available capacity sub heading

start :08:00:00

Finish:12:00:00

break:00:00:00

Capacity utlization - 100

No of ind capacity = 1

Hence the capacity of 16 hrs is fixed for this WC. This your standard avilable capacity.

OP37 Maintain Available Capacity Version

You can use it as Normal available capacity or maxnium avilable capacity. The active version of available capacity is used as a basis for scheduling.

Pooled capacity is nothing but an available capacity that can be used by several work centers.

An example of a pooled capacity is a group of setup personnel who perform setups for many work centers.

Pooled capacity

A pooled capacity can be assigned to several work centers. It is created and edited independently of the work center. This is useful if, for instance, a group of employees works in several work centers.

Capacities can be entered and changed in work centers, but also independently. The system distinguishes between.

For working with CR11 ,I think first the pooled capacity should be included in SPRO.

Just check out in SPRO-Production -BAsic Data-Work center-Capacity Planning-Define Capacity categories

Hope clears to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bramhankar,

Offcourse it is always valuable for me.I fully understood Available Capacity.But not about pooled capacity. How it is created & when do we maintan it.Waiting for your valuable reply.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to create the Pooled Capacity in T. Code : CR11.

Here enter your capacity category and Capacity.

Here you check the Pooled Capacity.

Now Create/Change Work ceter - Capacity Tab page:

If your default work center/default capacity does not allaow the Pooled Capcity then goto Edit and Delete the Capacity.

Now again Edit--> New Entrie, Enter the Capacity Category and Pooled Capacity just now creatd.

In the Capacity Over view you will get the Pooled Capacity Checked and new capacity for you.

Hope this helps to create the pooled capacity.

You can assign this pooled capacity in the work centre creation in CR01,under

capacity overview ,just below to the capacity category.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bramhankar,

Thanks a lot. You are simply great. You have all knowledge which good for us.