cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Contracting Process for external services?

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPIENTS,

Can anybody help me to explore subcontracting process? This process I am learning for sending my equipment outside for repairing,tracking and recieving it back in my plant.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

amit_saxena7
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check the following flow n see if it helps.

1.Create the finished goods material code.

2.Maintain the BOM for the material.

3.Create PO with item category as "L" .

4.Issue material to vendor with movement type 541

5.Receive the material against the PO with movement type 101.

6.MIRO to account for vendor's invoice for the service charge& material used by him.

Thanks.

Edited by: Amit Saxena on Oct 17, 2008 7:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

I have one doubt regarding the process u explained above.

The process works fine starting from purchase order but how to settle the costs to maintenance cost centre/equipment/order?

Kindly explain.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

i think you have read the forum posting before that the equipment cannot be send outside directly ,equipment should be clubbed with material and send it via returnable gate pass

regards

thyagarajan

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tiyagrajan,

I don't know which post you saying. Actually this process I know little bit but I want to know in proper sequence.

Yes its require to club with material and BOM to be made. Its require serlization and than one material code>PO with IC L, movement type 541>Reciept of material etc.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

iam not sure whether you can map through subcontracting ,because you cannot receive the same serial number what you send through subcontracting.

Subcontracting is nothing but you send some raw materials to get the finished product.

regards

thyagarajan