cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement set deletion problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have used enhancement set to add context node 'BTSubject' in BT160I_CPL/ComplItem view and got exceptions in webclient complaints screen. So i deleted this enhancement in BT160I_CPL/ComplItem, since then i have been getting the following error in the webclient complaints screen.

Cannot display view BT160I_CPL/ComplItem

An exception has occurred Exception Class CX_BSP_INV_ATTR_NAME - BSP exception: An attribute with the name "BTSUBJECT" is not defined

Method: CL_BSP_PAGE_BASE=>IF_BSP_PAGE~GET_ATTRIBUTE

Source Text Row: 17

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Krish.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

After enhancement set was deleted for the component BT160I_CPL view ComplItem and run it from BSP_WD_CMPWB transaction, it throws the following error.

Cannot display view BSPWD_BASICS/BreadCrumbView

An exception has occurred Exception Class CX_SY_MOVE_CAST_ERROR - Source type \CLASS=CL_BT160I_C_BSPWDCOMPONEN_IMPL is not compatible, for the purposes of assignment, with target type \CLASS=CL_BT120H_C_BSPWDCOMPONEN_IMPL

Method: CL_BT160I_C_MAINWINDOW_IMPL=>IF_BSP_WD_HISTORY_STATE_DESCR~GET_MAIN_ENTITY

Source Text Row: 5

Cannot display view BT160I_CPL/ComplItemOVViewSet

An exception has occurred Exception Class CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL - Dereferencing of the NULL reference

Method: CL_CRM_UIU_BT_I_OVW_VIEWSET=>SET_VIEW_GROUP_CONTEXT

Source Text Row: 9

Cannot display view BSPWD_BASICS/ErrorView

An exception has occurred Exception Class CX_SY_MOVE_CAST_ERROR - Source type \CLASS=CL_BT160I_C_BSPWDCOMPONEN_IMPL is not compatible, for the purposes of assignment, with target type \CLASS=CL_BT120H_C_BSPWDCOMPONEN_IMPL

Method: CL_BT160I_C_MAINWINDOW_IMPL=>IF_BSP_WD_HISTORY_STATE_DESCR~GET_MAIN_ENTITY

Source Text Row: 5

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

after I read the message I was curious and had a look in our, never enhanced, CRM system. Component is BT160I_CPL.

When I have a look at the component controller its implementation class is CL_BT160I_C_BSPWDCOMPONEN_IMPL. It is inheriting from its super class and then from the SAP standard controller class.

Now in the MainWindow's implementation class there is the method from the dump you gave IF_BSP_WD_STATE_DESCRIPTOR~GET_MAIN_ENTITY(). In this method a variable lr_comp is declared of type CL_BT120H_C_BSPWDCOMPONEN_IMPL. This class is NOT a parent class of the component controller mentioned before.

Thus the type cast in the second line fails. As it is not handled in any way (Yes, it seems SAP hates error handling) you get your dump.

Now as the system in which I check is and was not enhanced this is a general bug. Type casting incompatible types will never work.

My suggestion: Raise a CSS Message! After you get a note please post it here.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

Please note that there is a SAP note (1122248) to delete the enhancement set. If you don't use it and deleted the enhancement set, than may be your component runtime repository file got deleted. Solution is, you have to copy the runtime repository back to the same component. Please dont ask me - how to copy a runtime repository or from where to copy a runtime repository - as we had the same problem and SAP helped us. I asked them the same question/s without answers...

Cheers,

Peter J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Krish,

Go to the HTM Page of your view and click on the "Page Attributes" tab. If you find BTSubject there, please delete it.

This could resolve the issue.

Regards,

Vinay

erika_schlachter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

I assume that you did not delete all the generated coding.

Check first off all the attributes of the html page for the BTSubject one.

Then in the controller of the page check the set_models method.

BR,

Erika