Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending email for alerts

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have confiugured my ALERTS to send an email to the user whenever anything fails. I did this by going to ALRTCATDEF and then selecting SETTINGS> CONFIGURATION> SMTP FORWARDING AS XML.

I am getting my mail, but the mail is in XML format. but, what i want is that the mail is in the nomal TEXT format.

Any suggestion on how I can do the same without going in for a BPM and a mail adapter??

Regards,

Bhavesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I tried this initially. I assigned an email id to the user under SU01 and I also made the needed changes under PERSONLIZATION in ALERT INBOX. I also got a mail, but the content of the mail instead of being the TEXT I had given in my ALRTCATDEF, was something as follows,

<i>our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Alert

Sent: 2/9/2006 9:57 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

"my email id" on 2/9/2006 9:58 AM

The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.The MTS-ID of the original message is:ADR31000000000033</i>

The content of the mail says that the user cannot be reached. but I still am getting a mail in my inbox.

The fact that I am getting emails in both cases ( SMTP forwarding as XML and email id assginement under SU01 ) suggests that my SCOT has already been configured.

Any idea as to why this error is occuring.??

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Try using different userid in ALRTCATDEF than your login user for XI to run your interfaces.

let me know if it works..

Regards

Anand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Where and how can i set the condition that it will automatically shoot an email only when there is an error condition in rfc?

Kind Regards,

Anshu Kumar

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You hit the bulls eye..!! I changed the ID to a different user and it is working perfectly fine. You made my day.

Thanks a ton..!!

Cheers and Reagrds,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

good to hear that it worked...

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh/Anand:

Are you guys using alert container elements in the alert emails? Though I have defined these containers and constructed a string with these containers in long text tab of ALRTCATDEF but I don't see any off these containers in the alert emails. Any thoughts? Thanks!

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajmad,

yes, we used the container elelemtns and they worked fine . We implemented the note 913858 and thereafter no problem.

Would sugets you go through the Question 1 of this note .

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SP16 and still looking at the note 835031 (mentioned in 913858) to possibly resolve the issue of alert container elements not showing up in the alert emails (they show up in the alerts in the alert inbox in RWB). This note is asking for a change to a DEACTIVE object ELEMENT_IMPORT_BOR_VALUE of class CL_SWF_CNT_SERVICE.

Though this note says that this issue has been corrected in sp15 and we are on sp16 but I still wanted to make sure.

Has anyone come across the issue of alert container elements not showing up in alert emails but are showing up in the alerts in the RWB alert inbox? Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amjad-Ali,

yes we have the same problem. Our Alert is an alert which

is raised from the adapter-engine. We see the container

variable shown in the transaction alrtdisp in abap stack.

But we don't see it when the alert is forwarded as mail.

What we see in the mail is:

"Alert ID: ##23803##

Possible Subsequent Activities

Message Monitor http://mmssap02:50400/mdt/index.jsp?objectName=type=XIAdapterFramework&messageid=3c020834-4048-0431-...

Message Monitor (Safe Connection) https://mmssap02:50401/mdt/index.jsp?objectName=type=XIAdapterFramework&messageid=3c020834-4048-0431-0404-f2ca28b00d2c"

In the Alert-Inbox (Browser) we can see the container

variable:

"Message ID: 28020834-4042-0821-0408-230634c0

Error Categorie:

Error Code:

Sender Service: EER_002

Sender IF: if_send_flight_async

Sender NS: http://.test.com

Receiver Service: DEV_MYPC

Receiver IF: if_send_flight_async

Receiver NS: http://.test.com

Adapter type: File

Error text: Channel 'test_file_y_receiver', Service 'DEV_MYPC', Party '': File Adapter confi

Ly-Na Phu (Sie sind als Empfänger der Alert-Kategorie bestimmt)

"

Did you find a solution for this problem?

regards,

Ly-Na

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I am setting up the alert configuration as you did. What needs to be changed in the ALRTCATDEF? Do you mean that I need to login with a different user? I didn't get this point. Can you please explain me how to do it?

Thanks

Kalyan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WHen I was trying to test my alerts using the report RSALERTTEST , I had logged in using the same user that was the recipientof the Alert and this caused a junk email being triggered.

Just make sure that the Sender of the Alert message and recipeint sre not same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for the reply. I think sender is the person whose e-mail is set in scot and recipient is the recipient we defined in ALERTCATDEF. Is this correct?

I am little confused about the sender and recipient.

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

One more question. I have set up some other users as recipients. Even though in case of an error, none of us are getting an e-mail. Is there any thing I missed to configure?

I have done the following config.

1) SCOT.

2) ALARTCATDEF

3) PERSONALIZATION.

Thanks

Kalyan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the note 913858 is implemented. For XI alerting to work , note 913858 has to be implemented.

APart from this, the confi you have done is enough.

To test your config, use report RSALERTEST to trigger your alerts and see if you are getting the Alert in the Alert Inbox and then email.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I have implemented the note 913858. The test is working fine too. But some how some serious errors are not being caught. The following error happened in XI Adapter frame work which is not being caught.

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.af.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: could not convert request from XML to RFC:com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$ConversionException: (122) JCO_ERROR_CONVERSION: Number 1000.00 cannot be encoded as a BCD of length 3 with 1 decimal places at field DISTR_PERC</SAP:AdditionalText>

I have selected the option 'No restriction' for 'Where did the error occur?' in Alert framework.

I have set up the job for report RSALERTPROC. I have created a variant which has the 'delivery' box checked. This job runs every 15 minutes. It could not find any alerts.

This looks like to me that some how XI is not raising the alerts for errors.

Please throw some light into this. I think I am missed some setting.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thanks

Kalyan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Which SP are you on?

Adapter Framework Alerts are availabkle only from SP14 onwards . Also, if you are on SP14 and above , you need not set up any back Ground JOB.

Are alerts being generated for other errors? Is it that the alert was not raised only for this error or they are not being raised for any errors?

If it is only for this error and you are on SP14 or above, then you can contact SAP on this issue , because the Adapter Engine alerts should also be raised from SP 14.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

We are on SP 14. I cannot see alerts for any errors. My current requirement is to get an alert when there is a problem in sending a message from XI to receiver system. I have no alerts raised even in case of some error happened in Adapter engine. I would assume that the alerts would be raised if some error happened in Adapter engine.

Am I missing something to configure?

Thanks

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Try this...

1. Configure SAPConnect (SCOT).

2. Maintain e-mail address in SU01 of the user who should receive e-mail alerts.

3. Go ALRTCATDEF-> Choose Your Alert Category -> Fixed Recipients and maintain the user mentioned in previous step.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

Anand