cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Scenario: P.O Order Acknowledged by Vendor on earliest date quoated than in P.O.

This can be re-updated in P.O Delivery date.

Can I post this as Inbound Delivery also ???

Please enlighten me about Inbound Delivery and the purpose as well the usage.

What are the settings required.

Also please some light on Outbound delivery.

Regards

R.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Order acknowledgements and In-bound deliveries are different. Order ack. is just acknowledgement to your PO where as In-bound delivery is a one level prior confirmation before Goods Receipt.

Both have different confirmation control keys.

You can post Order Acknowledgements in the PO ( in ME22N ) change mode, manually. Whereas In-bound deliveries are required to be posted through VL31N. Then, they will be updated automatically in the PO (Observe the Confirmations Tab in the PO).

Out-bound deliveries are one step prior to Good Issue for delivery.

In-bound and Out- bound deliveries are considered for MRP, and Order acknowledgement are not considered by MRP for material planning.

Regards,

Narayana.

0 Kudos

Hi Greetings

On receipt of the order acknowledgement form the vendor you can enter the agreed delivery date in the purchase order item. The same will be taken into consideration for all your MRP planning.

1) Transaction ME22N

2) Go to item --> Delivery tab

3) Enter confirmation control 0001

4) Below the confirmation control , select the confirmation category AB ( Order acknowledgment ) and enter the date agreed by the vendor in the filed "Delivery date " and the quantity agreed in the "quantity" field.

Gobinathan G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks so much.

Hello Narayan

Great. Precisely this is what I was looking for and helpful.

Btw, may I know the settings required to post the Inbound delivery.?? Interms of Customization & Application level.

Regards

RG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

> http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c7/4a11d475a611d3b4b9006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

Check it for more...

You can post the inbound del. for the same date "ie. earliest order acknowledged date"...

the inbound delivery supports all activities such as putaway, packing, transportation and goods receipt. During the inbound delivery process, planning information is recorded, the status of different activities is monitored, and data accumulated during inbound shipment processing is documented. When the inbound delivery is created, activities such as putaway or scheduling are initiated, and data that is generated during processing of the inbound delivery is included in the delivery.

From PO we can make inbound delivery via :

1. EDI

2. Collective processing

3. Manually...

check the thread for outbound del :

Hope it helps..

Regards

Priyanka.P