cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subsequent Acquisition (why not full depreciaition)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

There is not option for the full depreciation in case of subsequent acquisition.onlt two options available i.e. Prorata Temporis & Half Year convention in case of subsequent acquisiton but i want to charge full depreciation in case of subsequent acquisiton as after acquisition of any item second transaction is posted as SUBSEQUENT ACQUISITION..

Kindly suggest a possible solution

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this thread for your reference:

It is better to following general business rule. The reason behind your issue is: once you start wrong, you may not have easy way to go back. Finding the best alternative could be your only option.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

thanks for the answer but that is not my answer.

I know all the limitations and the explaination available in the system. My concern is that in

Depreciation Type>Subsequent Acquisition>Drop down menu (1. Prorata Temporis 2. Half Year convention)

Suppose I purchased a FA on 1st November and again purchased the 2nd one in December. Now in FA module 1st item will be reported as Acquisition and 2nd transaction as the subsequent acquisition right.

Coming to Depreciation in Depreciation Type

For 1st transaction my configuration is Full Year.......That is Ok

For 2nd Transaction I also want to Post full year depreciatio but I do not have the option and I will have to choose b/w (1. Prorata Temporis 2. Half Year convention)*

*which is for me totally illogical . So any solution as I want to post full depreciation for the sebsequent acquisition as well.*

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you can get some ideas from this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/en/6e/1216d09f0411d189ccb80000e829fbbd/content.htm

It is not for B1 but it should use the similar logic.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

I am unable to open the given link. kindly suggest other way round if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can goto the link: http://help.sap.com/search/sap_trex.jsp and type in Subsequent Acquisition to search different version of SAP packages to get an idea why you are unable to get what your want and what is SAP's logic.

You can request a new functionality on the portal. If it is a legal requiement, SAP will take high priority to get it done.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ivy_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sana Butt,

You are right that there are only 'Prorata Temporis '& 'Half Year convention' for subsequent acquisiton.

In you scenario, I think the work around is to post manual depreciation.

Regards,

Ivy Zhang

SAP Business One Forums Team