cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOm Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Everybody......

we are mould mfg plant for which we require 800 mm dia and 15 mm thick circular plate. but some other reasons we always purchase a plate which is having atleast 1200 mm dia and 15 mm thickness.

at the time of goods issue, we cut the plate for 800 00 dia and remaining plate (outer dia 1200 mm and inner dia 800 mm )we keep in the store for the next requirement.

to map this scenario in SAP.

i took weight of 1200 mm dia plate & 800 mm dia plate.

add this 800 mm weight in respective BOM. after MRP run at the time Purchase Order making i just change quantity (in Kg)

so GR is off 1200 mm dia. and issue will be the 800 mm dia (as per requirement) and remaining part is for stock.

IT is this a OK for SAP Process if not please suggest me other option .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think logically that mapping is not right. If you are bringing a material of 1200dia to 15 thick(Material A), then you should GR for that only. Since you are doing a value addition to the material, there should be a production order, against which you Issue this material, and take out Material B and Material C as output.

Material B: 800dia to 15 thick.

Material C: 1200 outer dia to 800 inner dia.

You want to recieve Material C as Co-Product or Bi-Product would be determined, based on whether you want split the cost?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use variable size item in BOM.It will be correct mapping in SAP.

Regards,

Milind.