cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM cannot start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have installed a ERP 6.0 for testing but the SDM cannot start. The icon of SDM in MCC is yellow after all (central) instance started. When I click on SDM, I found that the status of jcontrol.exe (J2EE Server) is "starting the process". Does it related the version of JAVA? I installed a JAVA version 1.4.2.18-amd64 from SUN. It told me that it is the version for 64 bit Windows.

This SAP system is installed on a machine using Intel Q6600 with 8G RAM, a 64 bit Windows is running on it. The sequence to install SAP system is ABAP central intenance ---> JAVA Add-in for ABAP. Does anyone have idea on this? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where did you see the icon of SDM in MMC?

right click on SDM server and click developer trace, check it.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Sorry, typo! It should be SMD.

Regards,

Dick

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

So you are installing Solution Manager Diagnostics instance together with JAVA ADD in. which create new SID "SMD" in windows MMC.

A Diagnostics Agent is a standalone Java program that runs on each of the systems managed by SAP Solution Manager Diagnostics.

once your ECC instance is running ( both abap and java server )

then after stop the SMD instance and start again. now you see it's running and green. if all configuration are done correctly this agent connects solution manager Java.

further check service.sap.com/diagnostics

also check Note 1144737 - Inst.NW 7.0 SR3 - Diagnostics Agent installation

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)