cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing problem in Layout-BPS 4.O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing one problem in BPS Layout...

The problem: Some Company codes are valid entire the year and some company codes are not valid entire the year (valid few months in a year)

(Ex:Comp Code:ABC(Valid thru 01/2008-12/2999) and

Comp Code-XYZ(Valid thru- upto 07/2008 only)

In a layout i am entering the two above company codes data on 10/2008, when i click the refresh button the data it's gone from my layout (two company codes data),but it is showing an error message like Company code XYZ is not exist in 10/2008 this is fine but i don't want to clear the my layout .what i entered the data in my layout keep same but in this case it is not working.it's clearing the entire data in layout.

For validation of comp codes i am using char relation ship.the code it is working fine because it is throwing an error message.

How can i keep the valid data in my layout after refresh(after validation),even i'm not clearing the not valid data also,automatically cleaning the entire data.how can i resolve this problem

Any inputs and suggestions please..

Thanks,

Siri N.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Siri

The problem is that for time-dependent master data, the system is using a 'key date' field (set up for the planning area) to check which master data to make available for planning. If this 'key date' field has been left blank the system is using the current date to check which master data to select. The system is selecting the master data where the current date falls within the validity period.date (i.e. 'valid from' date is less than or equal to 'current date', 'valid to' date is greater than or equal to 'current date').

Using your examples

(Ex:Comp Code:ABC(Valid thru 01/2008-12/2999) and

Comp Code-XYZ(Valid thru- upto 07/2008 only)

On 13/11/2008 you would be able to view/plan data on ABC because the current date falls within the validity period but you would not be able to view/plan data on XYZ.

What you can do to allow viewing/planning on both ABC and XYZ.

1) In the planning area enter a key date e.g. 01.07.2008 that falls within both intervals. Not a very future-proof solution.

or

2) In the master data of XYZ change the validity date so that the 'valid to' date is greater than or equal to 'current date' e.g. valid to 31.12.9999. Again the business may not like to extend the validity date like this.

Unfortunately the 'key date' field allows only a specific date to be input (or leave blank). Ideally if it allowed a variable, then you could have set up a variable that for example derives the first date of the year being planned or the month being planned.

We are having a similar issue with planning on time-dependent master data. We are logging the issue with SAP so that if possible they can create a variable or customer exit that can derive the key date from the period being planned.

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

<Font Face="Tahoma" Color="Blue">

Hi,

If you enter data for 06.2008 and press refresh then does system retain data for both the company codes ABC and XYZ?

Regards,

Abhijit

*PS: Please reciprocate by assigning points if above response was useful

</Font>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

If i entred the data on 006.2008 it is working fine but if i entred the data in not valid time period range it is gone every thing(valid and not valid data).

Any inputs...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had faced the same problem and had to resolve by changing the Master Data to the current date. We were planning for next year and the Cost Center was only to be available from the new upcoming year. You may need the master data to be modified, even if you do not want to enter data, since the layout has months where it could be potentially entered.

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Hi Sunil Thanks for your reply..

Changing the master data to current date means??,i didn't get you clearly can you explain how to do it and where to do it???Becasue we are using sveral info objects and master data right if i am changing the current data what about my planning scenario???.

Please can you explain .

I appreciate your help and response.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

NnSiri,

I am not clear about your task.

If you cancel or x out of errors upon save, you should come back to your previous data status.

You have options to enter data for the companies separately, if you like, by restricting your planning level by Company Code variable.

If you want to enter the data for XYZ company Code and it is not accepting, you need to confirm this as the problem, specify the period is valid. BPS puts all data in buffer and validates when you write it back upon save. It would error based on your CharRels in the planning area.

Sunil