cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable HTTPS on port 50001 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am trying to enable HTTPS on my NW Java 7.10.

I can see the following details of my system in SAP NetWeaver Administrator -> Configuration Management -> Infrastructure -> System Info:

Instance Number: 00

ID: 11394

Root Directory: C:\usr\sap\SP6\J00

Http Port: 50000

Https Port:

Telnet Port: 50008

P4 Port: 50004

So, the https port is not maintaind - I read that the default port should be 50001, so I assume I just have to enable it somehow using NetWeaver Administrator - but I have no idea how .. please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks in advance for the help !

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Add to your instace profile following line

ms/server_port_1 = PROT=HTTPS, PORT=50001

and restart your system. This should be work. Number in ms/server_port_1 could be something else, it depends how many ms/server_port_ entries you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jani,

You are answering for the ABAP stack and I think the original poster wants to know how to enable HTTPS for the java stack...

For J2EE, the HTTPS configuration is described here :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/bc/2ee9a2d023d64eac961745ea2cb503/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Yes, I am trying to do it for the Java stack.

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it is still not clear to me what I have to do ..

I also found the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/bc/2ee9a2d023d64eac961745ea2cb503/frameset.htm

There it is written:

-

For each server process that is to support SSL:

1. Select the SSL Provider service.

2. Select the corresponding J2EE dispatcher.

The available sockets and their corresponding ports appear in the Configuration pane.

3. Select the socket that corresponds to the SSL port you want to configure.

4. In the Server Identity tab page, select the key pair entry to use for this port. (Choose Add.)

5. If the server process is to accept the use of client certificates for authentication, then set this option in the Client Authentication tab page. Also maintain the list of trusted certificates in the Trusted Certification Authorities section.

-

The question is where exactly do I "1. Select the SSL Provider Service" in NW Administrator ?

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

With NW Administrator, I don't know.

I've used Visual Administrator to configure HTTPS for J2EE.

You will find the SSL Provider service under Dispatcher --> Services.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I think in 7.10 EhP1 the Visual Administrator is not available anymore .

so I have to do it somehow with NW Administrator instead...

.. unless I can change some parameters in some files as Jani suggested - do you know if this can be done for Java also ?

Thanks,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Daniel,

I did'nt realise that you were using 7.10.

I've heard that there is no more Visual Admin for 7.10 so I'm sorry but I don't know how to use NW administrator.

By the way, I 'm really fed up by the constant changes of SAP Administration user interfaces.

Once you begin to master one, it's obsolete and gone !

It adds up to the SAP products TCO.

Regards,

Olivier