cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running SNP in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

people,

Can SNP Hueristic be scheduled/setup to run in background on a certain frequency, say weekly or monthly basis, say ?

If so, how do I restrict SNP to be run based on MRP type as selection ID's doesn't offer the capability to filter by MRP type ? Our APO system has Materials both with MRP type PD and X0 and we want SNP to pick up only materials with X0 and not PD. How can this be accomplsihed ?

Thanks

AVA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you can schedule SNP in background using program/SAPAPO/RSNPDRP1.here you can create a variant with the selections and use this variant to create a background job .If the MRP Type is PD, APO will not consider those materials for planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what you meant in ur earlier reply ,is by default SNP doesn't plan for materials having MRP type PD. right ? or is there a config to achieve this ?

/SAPAPO/RSNPDRP1 is same as T-code/SAPPAO/SNP01 right ? I checked these and couldnt find a parameter where I can scheule SNP to be run frequently, say on monthly basis? Where and how can I do that ?

I can use a variant, but doesn't this require continual maintenance as materials might keep on adding to APO and everytime a maetrial is added , variant needs to be modified right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are right APO does not plan the materials with PD. Its standard config. and also the program I mentioned is same as the Tcode /SAPAPO/SNP01. You need to create a variant and then in SM36 create a job with step of that program and the variant. you need to add the products in the selection whenever you have new products.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can actually do one thing..in the screen /SAPAPO/SNP01 Tcode in the Products field instead of selecting the products just type * so that system picks all the products..you do not need to add the products all the time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info. It was really helpful.

How do I create a variant ? and is this same as the selection ID's in the planning book or something different ?

Under Start condition option, I could see the various scheduling options. However in the last button >> I noticed that I could either schedule the job at the begin or end of the month. Is there a way that i can schedule it on a certain day on a weekly basis ? Is this option available ?

and one general Q. How do I find the link b/w a Program and T-code ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

creating a variant is pretty simple and it is almost same as Selection Ids.When you enter into the Tcode, after making all the relevant selections click save button on top of your screen..it takes you to the variant screen..there enter variant name and description and again click save.Now the variant is created with your selections.Now in SM36 create a job with step. While creating a step enter the programname and the variant name you have created.

In the Start condition option select Date/Time option and there enter date and time and at the bottom check "Periodic job" box and click Period values tab and select weekly and save. this will schedule your job on weekly basis from the date you specified.

Every Tcode is based on a Program..when you enter into TCode..at the bottom of your screen you see your client name..besides that you see a small note kind of icon..when you click on that a message box pops up at the bottom..there you can see your current Tcode and the associated program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Answers (0)