cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement and CO Postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question.... If we do periodic settlement from one cost object(WBS) to another (Cost Center), would it create any FI postings to the respective cost elements?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When we do settlement , distribution or assessement of cost from one cost object to another cost object it will not create the financial document. It is for our internal management reporting purpose.

So in your scenario when u do the settlement of wbs element to cost center, cost from wbs element will be nil and cost is transferred to cost center.

hope this clarify your doubt.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhadresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhadresh,

Thanks for your input. We are having an issue when settlement is done from WBS to cost center. An accounting document is being created, it is crediting and debiting the cost element that was used as cost carrier. I could not find an answer. Is it due to incorrect config or because we are using new GL.

I will appreciate you can through some more light.

Edited by: Pete on Oct 17, 2008 3:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the Settlement Profile and allocation struture. Please dont select GL as recevier.

Regards,

Bhadresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhadresh,

Thank for your reply. I was going through the SAP Online documentation and found this information about Settlements. Thought you might also find it interesting.

"In addition to the settlement document, the system creates an accounting document for the financial accounting part of the settlement. It also creates a controlling document for the cost accounting part".

It is really confusing whether an FI document should be created or not. The G/L is checked as a receiver. But I am wondering if that is causing the creation of FI document why FI document is having postings for only one cost element while not for the other cost element.

Any thoughts.....??

Answers (0)