cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule export

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to build a few simple charts to represent display data in a BO universe. The trouble Iu2019m having is coming up with an appropriate data refresh scheme. I have 2 requirements:

1) The dashboards need to source information the BO universe.

2) There needs to be a different instance of the dashboard AUTOMATICALLY exported every month. The only thing different between instances will be the data they represent. For example the August dashboard displays Augustsu2019 information and the September dashboard displays Septemberu2019s information regardless when you open them.

Is there a way to schedule the exporting of Excelsius in a similar way as you do with Webi reports?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't think there's a way to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, so I found out that there is no way for Xcelsius to export .swf(or other formats) on a schedule. I thought of a work around for this. Though it will not work for my particular needs but may be helpful for others who have the similar question in mind. You can have Xcelsius take in Flash Variables and have the data return via QaaWS filter on the passed in variable. You then use some scripting language like perl to generate wrapper HTML files with appropriate variable each month. You put both the Perl script and the flash file in BOE and schedule the script to run as needed say monthly. Then just have users access the single flash file via the different versions of HTML wrappers. To the users, it'll seem as if static instances of dashboard are generated each month. One assumption i took with this approach that needs to be verify - QaaWS can used the passed in variable to filter your result set.

The reason why this approach won't work for me is that the exported format i need it to be in is PowerPoint not HTML. I don't know how to generate a PowerPoint slide and change the flash variable in it with each generation.

Can anyone think of a way for me to accomplish what I need which is monthly instances of a PowerPoint slide that shows data for only the month(or should I say instance) of interest regardless when I open it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do something similar. We embed a flash object in a Crystal report. In Xcelsius, we create a dashboard, define a Crystal Reports Data Consumer for it, and export it to flash. In Crystal, we import the flash object and we bind the data connection to a crosstab.

Then we schedule an update to the Crystal report and distribute that.

If you take such a report and export it from Crystal to HTML, you will see how Crystal sets the flash vars, including passing the crosstab information.

--

Tim