Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing/Re-adding Columns of a Table

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I recently built an app which used a Table object to display a list of results from my RFC. I edited the columns of the Table object to choose which columns would and would not be displayed.

For each column that I didn't want, I clicked on the "Remove" button. After building and deploying my app, I decided I want some of those columns back.

When I went back and clicked on "Add" to add columns, I expected to be able to select from a list of columns that I had previously removed. Instead, it was the manual entry of adding a new column.

What is the quickest and easiest way to re-add the columns (and all their attributes, bindings, etc.) that I previously removed? Or was pressing the "Remove" button the wrong way to go about it.

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

are you talking about the SAP table <b>control</b> or the SAP connector object SAP Table?

Regards,

Ofer

former_member1173626
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ofer,

I'm talking about the connector UI object SAPTable.

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I guess it's better not remove to columns to begin with. It's usually possible (and for this reason, better) to remove columns in the UI, and this way you have more flexibility. I think you can also try to "refresh" the meta-data, but that might have bad results...

(Reiner - any comments?)

Regards,

Ofer