cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I modify the SQLQueryString at runtime? (VB6 Application, CR XI)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a report in Crystal Reports XI which uses a stored procedure to retrieve data. The report was created using our test database (AS/400 DB2) as its datasource. In our Visual Basic 6 application we want to be able to run against the production database. In the code a CRAXDRT.Report object is instantiated and the .rpt file is specified in the OpenReport command. I can see that the SQLQueryString property is {CALL "TESTSERV"."ABCLIB"."RPT_ONE_SP"}, where TESTSERV is the test machine, ABCLIB is the library (Default Collection property value in the connection properties which can be modified) and "RPT_ONE_SP" is the stored procedure name. If a change to the SQLQueryString is attempted an error is raised. Even if all connection properties are changed the stored procedure call still defers to what is specified in the call (from the .rpt file). Is there a workaround for this situation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the Legacy Application Development SDKs Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

To get appropriate assistance on this issue please post your question on Business Objects SDK application Development forums.

Thanks,

Sumit Kanhe