cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation on Phone Qualified Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our main table is Customers and we have a Qualified table Phone.

We need to create a validation so that if the County (non qualifer) of the Phone table = US, then the length of the complete phone number (qualifier) field must have a lenght equal to10.

I am writing the Validation against the main table Customers.

I tried these two and neither work. I get a valdation error if the Country = US and the complete number = 10. I get a validation error if the counyty does not equal US.

IF(Phone.Country.[Record]= Countries[Unites States],LEN(Phone.Complete No.)=10)

IF(Phone.Country.[Record]= Countries[Unites States],LEN(Phone.Complete No.)=10,FALSE)

If I do indiviual validations on Country and Complete phone length, then the validation works but i need the combined validation.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Tammi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammis,

Try writing the Validation under the Qualified Table instead of the Main table and check the same.

As when you include the Qualifier in your validation you must write them under the Qualifier table,as they are not visible in then Main table.

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not implementing workflow in phase 1; therefore, we cannot use assignments. It is my understanding that I cannot write automated validaions against Qualifed Tables at this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammi,

Try the solution posted above its working properly at my end and may help you to solve what you are looking for.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammi,

Validations behaves slightly different in case of Qualified table. When you are using length function for Qualifiers then you need to add some number to get the desired result.

E.g. In your case you want the length of Phone Number = 10 and when you run the Assignment on any text field with assignment expression as Phone.Complete No. you will get some thing like 1:<Complete No.>; i.e. now in writing validations you need to pass LEN(Phone.Complete No.) = 13 to get the desired output.

Best way to analyze any validation is to create Assignments of individual expression present in the Validation so that one can get the exact value by validation expression.

Try the below validation. Please take care of brackets

IF( (IS_NOT_NULL(Phone.Country) AND IS_NOT_NULL(Phone.Complete No.)) , IF(Phone.Country.Record= CountriesUnites States,LEN(Phone.Complete No.)=13) )

Kindly update us...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja