cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In B1 2005A SP01 PL 46, we can cancel the incoming payment in this following case:

1. Incoming payment posting date : 09/11/2008

2. Posting period in the B1 menu, belows user name : 2008 - 09

3. B1 client application date : current date or system date, for example if I run B1 today, the date will be Oct 17, 2008

Solution:

In above case, the system will ask user to select one of two options if the incoming payment is going to be canceled. The option is cancel by posting date or creation date. Using posting date, the reverse journal posting date of the canceled incoming payment will be as same as the posting date of the incoming payment. The other option is contrary with above.

Now, when using B1 2005A SP01 Pl48 or PL50, the above case and its solution can not be used. Inversely, I have to set the system date and posting date to be backdated. It means that all users have to be log out before performing this work.

This situation really drives our company crazy.

Pls give advice how to solve this issue. Do I have to downgrade ?

Rajh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for answers.

Rajh

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by system date..are you talking about the active posting period

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean the date is displayed in the center bottom of the B1 GUI application. This date is current date. If I open B1, I can see the date in the bottom. Although I change the posting period to be backdated, this date will not change. Thx

Rajh

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The date that you see at the bottom center of your B1 application is the date on your computer and not the date in business one

To test this logout of B1..change your computer's date back to any date and try to login again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx for your answer. If current posting period is 2008 - 10, I open the document and what date will be used by B1 ? is it system date (computer date) or another date ?

I am not sure if it won't probably influence the cancellation issue.

If I use current posting period (2008 - 10) on today's date to cancel the incoming payment that have posting date on Sept 19, 2008, there is no cancellation options and then the reverse journal for the cancellation is today but if I set posting period backdated to the same month in the document, the cancellation option is available but I can select the posting date as a reverse journal entry posting date.

it really sounds strange and pls give advice.

Rajh

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you open a document the date is taken from the Physical machine and not from the posting period. It is perhaps the date from the B1 Server.

Suda