cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropDown Values binding in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In ESS iView like Personal Information, there are fields like Title (Mr/ Mrs. etc) and Language which are DropDowns. In the source code, I am not able to find any binding that we normally do - using com.sap.typeservices.IModifiableSimpleValueSet.

Any idea how its done?

Thanks,

Anjana R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ESS personal data there is a dropdown ui property called SelectedKey which is bound to title. Title is the context attribute is the type "com.sap.xss.hr.per.us.personal.types.Title".

You can see the Simple dictionary type title from the Dictionaries>>Local Dictionary>>Data Types>>SimpleTypes>>Title.

Once you double click on Title>>Click on Enumeration>> There you will see the enumeration values like Mr,Ms,Miss....

The context attribute value "title" bound to the simple Type value.

Please let us know if you need more details.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

But when I check, the type (of Title) is of a model attribute.

type com.sap.xss.hr.per.us.pdata.model.types.P10_Ui_Anrde

If the type is a dictionary type, wouldnt it restrict the values to those defined in the enumeration. I mean, say for instance, there could be fields whose values can be changing. Like Eg. Distributor Locations etc. (totally unrelated here, but couldnt get a better example). In this case, if we get the values from backend, there would be no chnage to the code. Is there any way to bind these kinds of values other than using IModifiableSimpleValueSet?

Thanks,

Anjana R.

Edited by: Anjana Raghav on Oct 16, 2008 5:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjana,

If you think that the title values given by SAP is not matching your requirement , then you can create your own one as a simple type in the local dictionary and change the binding to your newly created simple type.

But make sure that you have a original copy of the ESS components before start doing any modifications.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I could do that.

But how is SAP doing it in the standard webdynpro ESS Code...am just curious.

I dont find any simple types defined in dictionary nor do I find any binding in the source code. Or am I looking at all the wrong places?

Anjana R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anjana,

*****But how is SAP doing it in the standard webdynpro ESS Code...am just curious.

SAP Delivers a Standard XSS business packages for customers and some times client requirements are bit different then what SAP provided. In this situation we have to modify the SAP standard delivered code. To do any custom modifications for ESS business package SAP strongly recommends to use NWDI. Once the NWDI stup is in place, you ahve to request basis team to setup 2 tracks. One track is for standard code delivered by SAP say example "ESSBYSAP". You have to request basis to copy the same track with differeent name as "ESSCUSTOM". Now you have two tracks one is for standard as backup and another one is for custom modification. So you can use the secound track for your custom modifications i.e. "ESSCUSTOM" track.

*********I dont find any simple types defined in dictionary nor do I find any binding in the source code. Or am I looking at all the wrong places?

Yes I mentioned title as example , if you want you can always create a custom simple type as per your requirement.

Thanks

Krishna