cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting entries of table VBDATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi 1

I would like to delete all teh entries of table VBDATA. How do I go about deleting all the entries of table and making it completely empty.

Reagrds

Aarav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Do it on tcode SE14.

Select "Delete Data" Then push button Activate and adjust database.

I wouldnt recommed to delete data from standard tables.

Bye

Gabriel P.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I delete the entreis through se14 it gives me the following message (error)

Table VBDATA is a multiplex table or multiplex-dependent. Conversion not poss. and teh deletion dosent take place. What to do next.

Thanks

In sm13 when I execute it says 0 updates.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you an ABAPer or a Basis guy? ask your basis guy to delete the entries, if you are Basis yourself, I dont have anything to add further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

well I am an abaper and the basis guy asked me how to delete that and I was just trying to help her out. Anyways , how can I go ahead ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you try with se14 or se13.....both will work fine.

Bye

Gabriel P.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your basis guy doesnt know how to clear the update log, its time to let him go

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check 67014 - Reorganizing update requests if vbdata is still not empty after removing update error in SM13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounds to me like a very strange procedure => basis asking an ABAPer to delete the update termination records....?

My recommendation: Go to your finance manager and explain to them what a termination of an update task is (like as in records are not posted, missing invoice numbers, etc...) and whether anyone is checking on this (this is perhaps the basis guy's job?).

See the documentation (in RZ10) on the params rdisp/vbdelete and rdisp/vbreorg for more infos and what your options are.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All1

I dont think you got what I had said properly, I mean maybe I didnt amke it understandable enough thats why so much confusion. Well first of all I am an abaper thats true , and I have been asked to delete the entreis from the VBDATA table is false. I said the basis guy asked me the procedure to delete the table entreis of vbdata , not that he didnt know the procedure or he is not aware of how to do it, itw as for my knowledge that I asked this question , as when she tried deleting the entries the message as I had mentioned above appeared and he informed me that and thats where I asked this question to clear my doubt . Well as far a authorization ect is concerned he must be well aware of it and yes thats his job and he did it successfully now.

Thansks all for your valuable time .

Regards

Aarav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarifying and following up on this question...

You seem to be quite knowledgable, so perhaps you (and your basis colleague) can put something back into SDN by answering a few challanging questions (please do not answer questions which can very easily be searched...).

Thanks,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure Julius , I would. Well I am not that knowldgeable as you have mentione d, or else I wouldnt be asking questions every now and then , Its just that I like to learn someth8ing new everyday , I am a new perosn into SAP an d its awlays good to learn new stuff from you SAP gurus heer who are always there to provide enormous help taking time out from your busy schedule and helping others, its really very greatful of you all at SDN doing sucha wonderful work of helping others in this field of SAP even without knowing who is on teh other side. Hats off to all you gurus amd frinds. I salute you all.

I would also like to thank each and everyone who has helped me or even tried helping me anytime here. This is the best SAP site definitely whethere anyone belives it or not ...

Thanks and Reagrds

Aarav Agnihotri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aarav,

Its not at all recommendable to delete entries from standard tables.

Are you deleting the entries from Production server..?

Anyhow you require some very important authorizations to delete the entries contact your system administrator for further information.

Cheers!!

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't give any date in SM13..selection...Then you will get all the updates...Make sure it is not "to be updated"..

THanks

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not advisable to directly delete the records from table VBDATA ...These table records are related to the update processing (Update Function module) of the database..

I believe you can use SM13 to delete the entries from this table..

OR

look for a Fm that does this functionality...

Thanks

Naren