cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KMAT in BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a multi-level configuration situation ex: configurable bike KMAT1 and configurable "bom component" handle bar (KMAT2).

Added to that, we created material variant FERT for bike (because we stock some of the bike configuration).

When I create a planned order MD11 on the fert material, the kmat material component (KMAT2) is not configured.

--> if I work in CU50 with KMAT1, the subordinate KMAT2 is exploded with the right configuration.

Any ideas where to look for?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not relevant anymore.

Thanks!

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

check your sales views, whether the FERTs having general item category group and item category group as 0002 or not because Kmat or FERT should not be a problem.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes you are right CU50 gives you the correct result. If you want to check complete details then create the sales order (Prizing condition are must) then run MRP in MD50 and then check your result IN MD04.

As you know it is make to order so best way to go for sales order.

Hope you got the point.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I wasn't clear enough...

Using CS40 transaction, we can link a Fert to a SuperBom (the KMAT bom).

In the Superbom I have a "Nested Kmat"(Kmat as a component in the KMAT BOM). the nested KMAT doen'nt work the same when a FERT is exploding the Superbom then when it's the KMAT.

It seems the dependencies in the configuration profile of the KMAT (component) are not executed... when the header material is a fert, It works fine when the header is a KMAT...

Any ideas how to fix this?

Note: We will never use the KMAT in the sales order. In the sales order, we will sell FERTS. Kmats are used only to simplify maintenance...

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luc,

Configuration of a configurable product has to be done in Sales order, and Production should derive the Routing and BOM based on the configured product.

MD11 is not the right approach to test, so create a sales order and configure the product.

Regards,

Prasobh

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think u can configure the k mat only in Sales order. and not any where else.so you cant configure the kmat in the planned order.

if ti is wrong or if u get the solution let me know.

I am new to variant tooo.