cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Risk Analysis Job - Can only Run one at a time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are batch risk analysis jobs restricted to run only one at time? We noticed that if a job is in status "Running" any other batch analysis jobs submitted will be in "Ready" status until the running job completes. Ad-hoc risk analysis submitted in the background can run concurrently but not the batch risk analysis jobs - is this by design?

Any insight will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

Before trying to answer your question, i would like to ask one thing... "Could you verify in configuration tab/Risk analysis/performance tuning option : Numbert of threads of jobs working in Background" maybe this option is limitating your performance.

Changing the subject... could you verify in server log if the job is working... one i had the same problem, the status of the background job was "READY" but in the server log i could see the job running...

Regards,

Magaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our number of background worker threads is set to 10.

I have a job that's currently running and another with Ready status. According to Analysis Daemon Manager, the Ready job is not running so only one job is actively running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I assume we can only run 1 Batch risk analysis job at a time, even though we have 10 background worker threads

Does anyone know a way to run 2 or 3 Batch risk analysis jobs in parallel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

These jobs are supposed to run one after the other.. I believe there is a SAP note which also states that only one of these jobs runs at a time...Check out the note number 1371501

Edited by: chinmaya prakash on Apr 21, 2010 1:29 AM