cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get materials at vendor location created on APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

I am working on a project to try to do some capacity planning/what if analysis on SNP for materials created at a vendor location ( contract manufacturer). We currently do not maintain master data for the capacity of these vendors but it is something that the planners know of and take into account outside of APO when trying to determine the quantities for a PO.

We do not want to actually plan the items with PPMS, etc but are looking to at least get the materials created at the vendor location on APO. Can someone give me an idea of how we would do this via the CIF?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creation of the product masters can be programmed in the following user exit: EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PPM_001 in the INCLUDE ZXCIFUSERU16

Please check below OSS note :

Note 483358 - Subcontracting: creating product masters automatically

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO since this is a PPM user exit, would this happen when the PPMs are CIFed over to APO through a PPM IModel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is PPM user exit on APO side and will create when PPM is cifed from R/3.

SMOD :APOCF012 Inbound Processing: Production Process Model

OSS note : https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=483358

How to do it is there in correction instructions :

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/corr_instr/correction_instructions.htm?...

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 17, 2008 1:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish. I took a look at our system and I see that we currently have this user exit actived so I would need to create additional imodels to get the additional mat/locs created.

However if we wanted to go a different route and just create the materials at the vendor/location, without having to CIF a PPM over in order to do some what/if analysis, could I just create a Material Imodel, then a vendor Imodel and then within the user exit for the vendor imodel, create a custom program to extend the previous materials to those vendors? Then I could pull up the material/vendloc in SNP94??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Created new IM will not resolve the issue as it will again hit the same user exit.

Need to put logic in user exit for which material it should create Product location.

I guess it can be possible to put code in Vendor IM user exit to create Product location master data.

Hope it will be helpful.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a custom program in APO to extend materials (already CIFfd to APO) to vendor locations(already ciffed to APO with location type 1011. we do it in the same way

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does the custom program know what materials to extend to what vendors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

we need to provide the product and location to which it should be extended

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you do this via a custom table that the users maintain?? Or how is this data maintained so the program knows what to extend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It extends based on the reference products. For example you have a product X at vendor location A now you need to extend a product Y at location B so you give the reference X and A and based on that it will extend Y onto B. This is the logic behind that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stacy,

Custom Program or exit will extend all the Materials availabe to all the available locations of type 1011.

If your requirement is not that than certainly you need a Z table or certain other flag by which you can identify materials which need to be extended to vendor location.

You can also use free attribute field on Product master to indentify materials .

you can activate it in APO IMG .

Path :

Advanced Planning and Optimization->Master Data->Maintain Freely-Definable Attributes

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,I do not necessarily agree with you. We can have a custom program or user exit to extend the specified materials at specified locations(This is what we are implementing currently).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Doesn't it make sense to use a user-exit in the integration model that sends over the purchasing info records as transportation lanes (so you can use it both for normal vendors and subcontracting vendors) ? If in the user exit is checked if the from location is of type 1011, then a check if the material already exists on the "from" location and if not, create it and assign it to model 000. If someone can provide me the source code of the custom program already build to mass create and assign it to the model 000, then I can give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to CIF the materials to APO with MRP type XO and similarly CIF the vendors and in APO you need to extend these materilas to these vendor locations either manually or create some custom program